Free Cakewalk article series from MusicTech and Scott R. Garrigus

Scott R. Garrigus

On 12/25/2021 at 6:46 PM, Scott R. Garrigus said:

I already have a list of topics with which to work, but if you have any specific topics you might like to see covered in future articles, feel free to share them. Thanks!

Not trying to convince anybody it fits the power user bookshelf :D  but I'm yet to find a comprehensive guide on how to plug a USB mic into the phone, create a simple project in the bandlab app, with some backing tracks made of their free loops (preferably a very simple reference track mainly for tempo and the feel), and then record a vocal take over it. Then porting all into Cakewalk... could be fun.

I have few friends who bought a USB mic but they live far enough so I have no chance to show them how to make the use of it, and some of them are really tech resistant what makes it even more difficult. In the meantime bakers introduced importing/exporting from Cakewalk to bandlab. That opens new ways for collaboration!

Edited by chris.r

On 12/25/2021 at 3:06 PM, Grem said:

Articulations

I had one of Scotts Sonar Power books and read it cover to cover, kept it by my keyboard and mouse for years. Very useful book. Well written. I was able to understand what he was telling me. But most importantly I was able to use this info to branch out further. I have long since retired it in favor of CW's own Reference Guide. But that Reference Guide is nowhere near as useful as Scott's book was. 

Looking to the future!

Merry Christmas too.

Thanks, Michael! I'll add Articulations to the list. I appreciate the kind words about the Power Books. Happy New Year!

• Like 1

On 12/25/2021 at 7:52 PM, urock said:

Hi Scott,

I bought at least one of your Sonar Power books over the years.   I think I still have my last one somewhere in my garage.  Didn't know until I read this thread that the value improves with age like fine wine...😀

In any case, if you updated the one for Cakewalk and sold at a similar price point ($19.99), I expect you would have some takers.  As Grem above says, your book was much more useful than the manual.

Not sure if it is worth for you, but just a thought.

Thanks, urock! Yeah, I'll have to give it some thought. That's the problem... would it be worth the time and effort? I wish I knew for sure. Happy New Year!

On 12/26/2021 at 2:03 PM, chris.r said:

Not trying to convince anybody it fits the power user bookshelf :D  but I'm yet to find a comprehensive guide on how to plug a USB mic into the phone, create a simple project in the bandlab app, with some backing tracks made of their free loops (preferably a very simple reference track mainly for tempo and the feel), and then record a vocal take over it. Then porting all into Cakewalk... could be fun.

I have few friends who bought a USB mic but they live far enough so I have no chance to show them how to make the use of it, and some of them are really tech resistant what makes it even more difficult. In the meantime bakers introduced importing/exporting from Cakewalk to bandlab. That opens new ways for collaboration!

Thanks, Chris! I was already going to cover the new import / export feature, but wasn't aware of the trouble people were having with USB mics. I'll have to see if I can include that. Happy New Year!

Edited by Scott R. Garrigus
  • Like 1