Soundiron Desk Bell competition entry LEDS BELK

treesha

I never entered any music competition before, I was kinda bored of the song I was working on so messed around with the desk bell and made this. The rules are to use only the sounds in the free desk bell instrument, and that it be under 2 minutes.  I probably would have made it longer if not for that time limit. You can use fx etc to mess with the sounds which I did.  It was fun to do. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Larry T. said:

very interesting piece for sure....i got a jungle, voodoo, ethereal vibe....i've not heard of desk bell but will sure look at it now 👍🎹🎧🎶

Thanks Larry T. I had no idea what to feel about it myself ha but it was fun to experiment with. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jack c. said:

beautiful make it longer.jackc.

Hi jack c. Thanks for listening and your comment. It was supposed to be under 2 minutes for the competition entry but I could always revisit it. I agree it has some beautiful parts to it and did feel it could go on longer. 

8 hours ago, SupaReels said:

I like!

Did you realise you can sing  "Don't stand to close to me" (Sting) to this .. well a bit of it anyway. I would keep as is 'cause it's a good bit'o'work

ATB

Steve

Hey SupaReels, thanks for listening and your comment ! Well no, I didnt realize I can sing that song in it somewhere, interesting and funny. I do like that song so maybe it was in lurking in the back of my brain somewhere ha. I think its been said there is nothing new under the sun, maybe it was Sting who said it 😄

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, thegaltieribrothers said:

Hi treesha,

A good tune, eclectic and a bit bond-like in my imagination.

Thanks for sharing.

Good Job!

regards

paul

Hi Paul, thanks for listening and your feedback. Always so interesting! I assume you mean bond, like James Bond ha. Have to agree it is eclectic ! It was fun to mess around with the samples, not something I normally do. Regards back ! 

Hi antler, thanks for listening and your positive feedback. I did try to get creative with it and make the sounds different with fx etc. Thank you for the good luck wishes, I enjoyed the process and that's the best part really.  

Edited by treesha

Creative use of those sounds. I seen the contest and was tempted to try it. With these things you never really know what they are looking for to win it? I would think having some sort of a melody would be helpful but what do I know?  I guess the object of it is to have fun. If you enjoy making it that's probably all that counts.

• Like 1

Hi Tim, thanks for listening and your comment! I never entered a contest before but was interested in giving the concept a try. I have no idea what would be a competitive entry either ! So yeah it was fun and thats good. I am curious to see what other entries are like and I imagine those who work with samples a lot would be good at this. Still time for you to enter 😀

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, treesha said:

I am curious to see what other entries are like

A good/bad thing (depending on how you look at it) about some of the other scoring competitions that have taken place recently was that the competition runners asked for entries to be put up on YouTube/other social media sites, so you could have a look at the other entries (the titles had to be hash-tagged); it was kinda fun to see what other people had come up with. My entry's in this thread

Something else I had previously created using only Desk Bell is here

Comments/feedback about either are welcome, but please do so in their respective threads so that this thread doesn't get hijacked.

48 minutes ago, treesha said:

Thanks antler. The instructions said to upload the entry to soundcloud.

Thanks - I uploaded to both SoundCloud and YouTube, and submitted the SoundCloud link. I generally link to YouTube as it seems (to me at least) to have a higher sound quality for playback.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...