Sonokinetic Day #8 - Sordino Strings FREE

cclarry

And wow, is this a nice freebie.

Just so folks know: the interface and feature-set is identical to the Orchestral Strings library they released last week -- they mention that this a companion library for it -- and it works the same way, and has the same features. Obviously, the Orchestral Strings has more articulations than the Sordino Strings, but otherwise they are twins.  

Admittedly, I've only been noodling around with the Sordino library for a half-hour or so, but I find that it totally has the exact same vibe and feel of the full Strings library.

I figured anyone eyeing the intro pricing for the Orchestral Strings library might find this info useful.

Rob

Edited by Amicus717
  • Like 3

This is a 24.3 GB library.  Compressed.  To my knowledge, this is the most substantial library Sonokinetic has ever given out.  

Definitely I think this is a way to get people to want to buy the strings, which is still available for €199.99 (reg price €399.99) for over 5 days.   They are giving people time to play around with  the Sordino. 

I think it is brilliant marketing.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

Just now, Reid Rosefelt said:

This is a 24.3 GB library.  Compressed.  To my knowledge, this is the most substantial library Sonokinetic has ever given out.  

Definitely I think this is a way to get people to want to buy the strings, which is still available for €199.99 (reg price €399.99) for over 5 days.   They are giving people time to play around with  the Sordino. 

I think it is brilliant marketing.

That was my exact thought on the subject. I am actually surprised they didn't give Orchestral Strings owners like myself a free upgrade to the Sordino Strings as a separate deal, and leave more Xmas freebie licenses for folks who might be lured into getting the whole package. 

1 minute ago, PavlovsCat said:

@cclarry, for once. I  was in the right place at the right time and grabbed the library. Do  they release these freebies and promo offers at the same time every morning  (around 9AM CST/10AM ET)? 

Yes Pav...usually they are sale items...so you have to check every day...the freebies are scattered throughout the sale items

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

So how many of you would actually use this? I rarely use their stuff. It's not a quality issue it's just I never bother with it.  Would you buy it for $56?

Shouldn't this be in their new strings package?

I will use this one. I found two of the three Ostinato libraries disappointing, and the only one that sees occasional use is the Brass one. 

But Modal Runs is in my template and sees regular use, and I'll be adding this Sordino freebie to my template, also. I actually think this one will be get used quite a bit. 

• Like 2