Set Me Free

Douglas Kirby

2 hours ago, jack c. said:

bass and guitars are a bit out of tune and ya needs to tighten up song feel.jack c.

Thanks for the crits Jack - I gave it another listen and agreed with you regarding tuning - it sounds like the acoustic guitar is a bit out of tune - so I laid down a new acoustic rhythm track to clean up the tuning issue - thanks for your ears. I think it sounds better now.

40 minutes ago, mark skinner said:

Nice "live" feel on this one Douglas. Very cool song and I especially liked the drum mix. I felt like I was in the drum booth. Enjoyed it ..  mark

Thanks Mark - regarding the drums, it's AD2 and I have the BT Limiter (the one that came with Sonar) on the drum bus - I was just looking to add a bit more volume to it. I tweaked it until it sounded right to me.

• Like 1

Yeah, I like it a lot👍  I don't know if you care but I was listening through my big mixing machine and you could really boost up the volume if you wanted🎧

here is a shot I took. You still have a lot of head room.

IMG_1573.thumb.JPG.dda20435ad552246dc1e9265765981ed.JPG

Never mind one of my cords died, you are in the sweet spot..🤔

IMG_1578.thumb.JPG.6faeffc09d5aec8c8597b3076645bb57.JPG

Edited by Old Joad

15 hours ago, Old Joad said:

Yeah, I like it a lot👍  I don't know if you care but I was listening through my big mixing machine and you could really boost up the volume if you wanted🎧

here is a shot I took. You still have a lot of head room.

IMG_1573.thumb.JPG.dda20435ad552246dc1e9265765981ed.JPG

Never mind one of my cords died, you are in the sweet spot..🤔

IMG_1578.thumb.JPG.6faeffc09d5aec8c8597b3076645bb57.JPG

Hey - thanks for showing me that - the mix levels looked like they were where they should be when I exported my stereo mix to mp3 - I'm not sure if that could be an issue with SoundClick.