Presonus Announcement on May 21st

cclarry

51 minutes ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Go to your account, select Studio One 4 then Download. You'll see a 'View Previous Versions' link.

Yep i still have this , installed it and same thing , there s def some comon files corrupted with new install , i m gonna reset all audio profiling to force it to rescan ...i remeber having to do that once if i reçall well ...

2 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Studio One 4.5 gets stuck on plugin scan for me and others.  I tried following some suggestions on the Presonus site but didn't work.
Did a system restore to prev version and all is good.

I had similar to this. Skipped/closed the scan, closed S1 4.5, ran it again and all was well.

8 hours ago, ZincT said:

Update to 4.5 went smoothly here. Scan went fine and still shows 4 blacklisted plugins as it did with v4.1.

Only blacklisted one for me was the Raymond Reddington compressor.

I haven't installed yet. I can wait a bit and see what's what. Looks like a pretty big free update.

25 minutes ago, BassDaddy said:

Only blacklisted one for me was the Raymond Reddington compressor.

I haven't installed yet. I can wait a bit and see what's what. Looks like a pretty big free update.

I just tried resetting the blacklist and this time I had no blacklisted plugins on startup. One thing I really appreciate about Studio One Pro is how fast it is at scanning plugins. 

Yes looks like plenty to check out in this update. I will hold off for now as I am still getting up to speed on my newly acquired Cubase Pro 😕

4 hours ago, ZincT said:

I just tried resetting the blacklist and this time I had no blacklisted plugins on startup. One thing I really appreciate about Studio One Pro is how fast it is at scanning plugins. 

Yes looks like plenty to check out in this update. I will hold off for now as I am still getting up to speed on my newly acquired Cubase Pro 😕

Still wondering if i ll put he trigger on cubase , is 50 % ever happened before ?

Steinberg has been  resistant sales historically.  This is  their 30th year anniversary, so it is a special event for them and a good time to highlight their DAW. 

Can't say if we will see a new trend beginning. Knowing Steinberg I highly doubt it. This is probably a good time to get into the DAW if one can justify it. 

I'm not sure I will ever need another DAW. Just downloaded SO4.5  update and I doubt I will take full advantage of all the capabilities SO has. Especially since I build all of my work in CbB.  TBH many of the "new" features in SO4 already exist in CbB in some itineration. Plus, if you go over to the Presonus forum you'll see the new release hasn't met without issues. 

I didn't get the scan issue some noted, but when initially opening projects MIDI would randomly disengage on patch changes then come back. A reboot solved this, so I would recommend creating a restore point prior to and a reboot after installation. Not gotten to fiddle with it much yet so the jury is still out on the new content.