Presonus Announcement on May 21st

cclarry

2 hours ago, paulo said:

I'm thinking that it will either be something that didn't justify the build-up or that they've made a UI for people with eyes that work.

This is my biggest issue with Studio One.  It looks like a kindergartner designed the interface.
Functional, YES, pleasing, NO.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I like Studio One's aesthetics better.  Being a long time Cakewalk user, I still have some issues adapting to the workflow.  I don't like that the transport is on the bottom because having any plugin open will obscure the transport.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

To me it looks like an underthought cartoon.  I personally think it's
horrendous.  As Abacab said "eye of the beholder"

Funny, but that's what I think of Reaper, Reason, and Samplitude.

17 minutes ago, abacab said:

Funny, but that's what I think of Reaper, Reason, and Samplitude.

I agree with those also...Sonar is the only one to me that looks "Polished".
Even Cubase looks "cartoony" to me...CbB does not.

I like SONAR more than others. I've opened it up a few times just to look at it. Some of the color schemes people have come up with are really nice. I'm still on Studio One and find it easy to use but I prefer a darker, higher contrast look.

I agree with Magic Russ on the SO4 transport. It needs to be moveable. (I also love that Nighthawk Avatar)

• Like 1

I am not a fan of Studio One's interface at all, It really puts me off the product, nevertheless, I have v3 pro and got the email. One thing I will say for Presonus (and have said on their forums), they are great with their newsletters, there is always some tit bit of info or freebie or discounts or announcement or something. I have about 12 added plugins in my Presonus account but I only use the ones with easy authorization, I don't want USB locks and registering and authorizing with all these different agencies.

Don't know what the announcement will be, hope it is more than Nektar control, but it makes things a little exciting!

Edited by Tezza
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BLHBLB said:

My bet is that they teamed up with Paul Purdhomme for some new cajun recipes for the back of the manuals - about time they updated those...

Picture.png.172710f9864ab229cbd62c85f6f55557.png

Those recipes would be quite uninspiring, given that he has been dead for several years now.