Request - Click in Audio with draw tool

Xel Ohh

I want to have the ability to just click in audio like kicks and snares in the clip view. Right now if I want to add a kick or snare or any audio you have to hold control and drag the audio to another place. We should have an option to turn on the draw tool and just click in the same audio that is selected. It is so much easier to do that hold control and try to move the audio clips around. I would like to make this a feature request.

I would also like the option to change the audio if I drop it on the track view... Example... I put a kick in the track view laid out the kicks but now I want to change the kicks with a new one... As of now I have to create a new track of audio and redo all the kick I already put down there should be a way to drag a new kick one track view and it will change all the kicks in that track line. I know it's alot but these would be a future request.

Thanks Baker's.

• Great Idea 1

I agree and this is part of the reason why I think one of the most popular requests for the last number of years has been for an integrated sampler instrument too as you could include a lot of these kind of features to make it easier to build beats from samples. 

Whilst there are a number of good 3rd party options I don't think you can beat this kind of workflow being an integral part of the DAW. I also believe this is why Cakewalk isn't as popular as in it's heyday because the workflow doesn't really cater for the Hip Hop crowd which is now the most popular genre.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark MoreThan-Shaw said:

I agree and this is part of the reason why I think one of the most popular requests for the last number of years has been for an integrated sampler instrument too as you could include a lot of these kind of features to make it easier to build beats from samples. 

Whilst there are a number of good 3rd party options I don't think you can beat this kind of workflow being an integral part of the DAW. I also believe this is why Cakewalk isn't as popular as in it's heyday because the workflow doesn't really cater for the Hip Hop crowd which is now the most popular genre.

I figured that we asked for the sampler till we are blue in the face so why not ask for other things to help with work flow that might be easier to accomplish. Even acid pro has this option to turn on the draw an just place audio where you click... And of course FL Studio does this without even trying. The more videos I make the more I realize that people don't really like to download things they would rather use things in the DAW I think it takes away from the confusion for new users. So hopefully this is something that they can implement in Cakewalk and it's useful for all genre.

42 minutes ago, Xel Ohh said:

The more videos I make the more I realize that people don't really like to download things they would rather use things in the DAW I think it takes away from the confusion for new users. So hopefully this is something that they can implement in Cakewalk and it's useful for all genre.

100% with you on that one - Cakewalk used to be one of the top DAWs when things like Fruity Loops were just toys, and it's still a fantastic DAW but just doesn't appeal to the Gen Y crowd so much as it doesn't facilitate the way they expect to make music these days. 

Most people will use whatever is easiest to get the job done. 

5 hours ago, Mark MoreThan-Shaw said:

100% with you on that one - Cakewalk used to be one of the top DAWs when things like Fruity Loops were just toys, and it's still a fantastic DAW but just doesn't appeal to the Gen Y crowd so much as it doesn't facilitate the way they expect to make music these days. 

Most people will use whatever is easiest to get the job done. 

That is true and they are willing to get cracked versions just to use it because they think it is easier and it's what everyone is using on YouTube.. there are only a hand full of people actually making videos for Cakewalk due to the saturation of FL Studio videos but I understand they didn't make Cakewalk for everyone or these things would have been addressed a while ago... What's crazy is that the Bandlab app has a sampler and beat machine built in but Cakewalk does not.. just my 2 cents.. lol .

• Like 1