Bouncing Down Issues

Craig Thiem

Hi

For six years I recorded all my stuff on Sonar X2 Producer. I never had any issues.

A few years ago I upgraded to Cakewalk Studio and was very pleased. I run both programs together so that I can use my old Sonar plugins.

Again, I never experienced any major issues.

Now that my double album, that I've been recording and mixing for the last six years is almost complete, I was looking forward to mastering all my tracks.

Unfortunately, after updating Cakewalk Studio recently, I suddenly found that I could no longer bounce down my tracks they way I have for years without any issues whatsoever.

These are the inexplicable issues I am experiencing:

1. After bouncing down a track, on the Entire Mix (Bounced) track, some of the midi tracks have vanished. And some that remain are completely out of sync.

2. Just as the Entire Mix (Bounced) track appears after the bouncing process, some of the midi tracks in the original mix spike and clip right through the roof. On most of the midi tracks, the audio  disappears. The audio only returns  after closing and reopening the entire project.

The above, for me at least, is a major fail. It is literally keeping me up at night.

Honestly, Cakewalk Support haven't been able to help other that advising me to reinstall. But that doesn't help either. The whole Cakewalk Support experience so far has been unhelpful to me.  

Please someone out there help me out!

Please also feel free to email me or Whatsapp me on: craigcwthiem@yahoo.com +27 (73) 375-0698

Thanks

Craig

If what you want to do is create stereo wave files of your finished projects possibly do what I have always done. Export the entire mix. 

Use the export dialogue and choose  Entire Mix or whatever format you need. 

I then bring the tracks back into a new project for mastering.   

Screenshot (52).png

Edited by Jack Cat

a monumentality bad idea to put your personal contact information in an open forum. You're probably right....I'm too trusting:-]  

thx jack cat, shall try that...although i still can't understand why such a sophisticated daw would suddenly have such weird problems.

Welcome to the forum.
Since no one else has mentioned it, support for Cakewalk Studio (Cakewalk Home Studio?) ended with the demise of Cakewalk about 4 years ago. This is the Cakewalk by Bandlab (CbB) forum. While there are many folks here that can try to help, CbB is not necessarily going to be able to help.
Staff member msmcleod asked for a project. He can take a look at it and see if anything is obviously wrong, but there is so much you haven't told us yet, such as the version of Studio you're using, what audio interface (if any), what software synths you're using, what OS you're using and if it's been updated recently.
See if you can get him a project and we'll see what happens.
Good luck!