Distrokid

Johnbee58

Fellow CbB'ers:

I saw an ad by an organization called distrokid.com and I'm pretty impressed with it.  It says for only $20.00 per year they would handle my distribution for streaming sites like Spotify or music MP3 sites like ITunes. 

I never considered selling my music and have all of it up for free on Bandcamp & Soundclick,  Reason being is that I don't feel as if my  music is worthy of making money on, especially in the mixing/mastering area so I don't feel as if I have the right to ask for a fee.  I've been making music just for fun, but some have suggested I should charge a fee of some kind for it.  I'd do streaming for free but I don't want to pay to stream for the same reason as above.  My question to you is, do you think my music is worthy of asking for money for?  If you have a few minutes I would appreciate if you would listen to a few samples from my Bandcamp below.

https://johnbowen.bandcamp.com/

Do you think the material is professional enough (in general) to ask a fee for?  Also, do any of you use Distrokid and if so, what do you think of it. 

Thanks

John B.

1 hour ago, Johnbee58 said:

Reason being is that I don't feel as if my  music is worthy of making money on, especially in the mixing/mastering area so I don't feel as if I have the right to ask for a fee. 

First of all & most important believe in your music or no-one else will.  If you feel that nobody will be interested in paying for your music then the downside with using Distrokid would be that they charge a yearly fee.  I'd also be less concerned about the technical side of things & let the music speak for itself. The music business is still about marketing & fan base but you never know who might be listening.

Here's some general info on DK & other distro services:

https://aristake.com/post/cd-baby-tunecore-ditto-mondotunes-zimbalam-or

Edited by Hidden Symmetry