Spitfire Audio LABS "Unified" for Unify

abacab

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

Whenever I watch a demonstration video for any musical product, I try to imagine myself using it. Does it fit with my composition style, my genre preferences (assuming I have a genre; I'm not sure I do) and recording workflow? I was not able to see myself in those vids. 

I do use split keyboards, so I get that part. But I only do that in live performance, where I often have to jump from one patch to another mid-song. But in the DAW I still see every part and every track as a separate puzzle piece.

I see and think about Unify more as a performance tool too, but in production it seems to be a very useful tool to keep you in control of your patches. With more and more unfied libraries, I can use Unify to see all my patches from different VSTis in a single place. Before Unify I felt like: 'thes patches are from Zebra, these are from this other plugin, etc', but they were not really MINE. And it makes even more sense if for some reason you use more than one DAW: you can save a patch with layers, splits, effects and load in another DAW, you can even load in another DAW in a different OS. I feel that Unify 'unlocks' a lot of hidden things and glues a lot of disjointed tools in a single pallete.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, ZincT said:

I posted quite a few on their forum e.g. Ultra Analog VA-3, Swatches 1.5.2,  Super-8, Lounge Lizard EP-4, UVI Synth Anthology 3 and some I have still to post. You can find these and others here https://forums.pluginguru.com/unify-patchbook/  and here https://forums.pluginguru.com/unify-share/ 

Just dowloaded some of those, thanks!

• Like 1

I have updated the Dune 3 Unified Factory Library to include the 40 new factory patches in v3.5.

Here's the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2gnfsd6zttiw3w/Unified - SA Dune 3.guru?dl=0

You just need to drag/drop the guru file onto Unify and it will update your Dune 3 Unified library.
You need to own the full version of Unify and Dune 3 (updated to the latest version 3.5.1.2) to use this.

Here are the names of the 40 extra patches: 

https://www.synapse-audio.com/dune/dune35new.txt

Enjoy!

(I have also sent these to John who will hopefully incorporate them into the official list on the PG website).

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 12/11/2021 at 12:37 PM, ZincT said:

That reminds me; I Unified quite a few on that list and some of the original libraries have been updated so the Unified libraries need updating to reflect the changes. e.g. new patches in the latest Dune 3.   

There are also quite a few other 3rd party libraries that I and others have Unified.  I posted quite a few on their forum e.g. Ultra Analog VA-3, Swatches 1.5.2,  Super-8, Lounge Lizard EP-4, UVI Synth Anthology 3 and some I have still to post. You can find these and others here https://forums.pluginguru.com/unify-patchbook/  and here https://forums.pluginguru.com/unify-share/ 

I have just started using Unify. It is a great piece of software, hard to descibe but really useful and fun to play with.

I have Unified a bunch of libraries myself. I haven't submitted anything yet though. 

Having all those libraries Unified though makes me wish that Unify and a hierarchical library list. My Library list is starting to get a bit unwieldy. I also wish that when you select a library, the Categories and Tags were limited to what was found in the selected library. I suppose I should submit some feature requests.

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I have just started using Unify. It is a great piece of software, hard to descibe but really useful and fun to play with.

I have Unified a bunch of libraries myself. I haven't submitted anything yet though. 

Having all those libraries Unified though makes me wish that Unify and a hierarchical library list. My Library list is starting to get a bit unwieldy. I also wish that when you select a library, the Categories and Tags were limited to what was found in the selected library. I suppose I should submit some feature requests.

Keep a lookout for v1.7 which should be out on Wednesday as this has some useful changes to make it easier to manage lots of Unified libraries. You can see the new features in the latest livestream (linked above). Not quite hierarchical but a step in the right direction. 

There's a sub-forum on the PG Forums for posting feature requests which might be a good place to start, although I'm sure that hierarchical library lists have already been requested. I'm also aware that the feature request/wish list is many pages long with just one dev to implement any change.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZincT said:

There's a sub-forum on the PG Forums for posting feature requests which might be a good place to start, although I'm sure that hierarchical library lists have already been requested. I'm also aware that the feature request/wish list is many pages long with just one dev to implement any change.  

I just went to the subforum and found that the hierarchical library lists has been requested multiple times. It sounds like the feature request is pretty long. 

I realize that Unify is only a couple of years old and has lots of room for growth. It has come a long way though, and I am loving it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I realize that Unify is only a couple of years old and has lots of room for growth. It has come a long way though, and I am loving it.

Yes, it's changed so much since the first version it is almost unrecognisable! 

Given such a long change request list it must be tricky for John and Shayne to decide where to focus their limited time and resources. They both seem to work exhausting schedules and yet John still brings out great library content such as MM Keys (also due out on Wednesday by the looks of it).