Icon Platform-M, Sonar Platinum

Adam Casey

• 7 months later...
On 5/16/2019 at 2:40 PM, msmcleod said:

Perhaps its worth trying the MackieControl surface again?

I had a similar problem with jerky / slow / unresponsive faders with my Mackie MCU until I upgraded the firmware.

The other thing to look at is your MIDI buffer settings:

image.png.b0c0932e0120dc93e13804ea405fc1e1.png

Control surfaces are VERY chatty over MIDI, so there's a possibility that it could be losing MIDI messages if this is set to too small a value. I've got mine set at 750, which works well for me.

Also avoid having your surface connected to a USB hub - have it connected to a dedicated USB port if possible.

You have to readjust the faders and touch sensitivity, turn off, turn on holding pan 1 down wait a few seconds release. The faders will go up and down rapidly, use pan 8 and slow it down don't have it set too fast you will get juddery faders. Once set press pan 8. To adjust touch, turn off , turn on holding down pan 2 the more lights on the worst the sensitivity, take it down to 2 lights via pan 8 then press pan 8 to accept.

• 5 months later...

Not to hijack the thread but I am looking at the Icon Platform M+ to nothing more than run CC control of virtual instruments.  For example, fader control of string dynamic, vibrato, expression etc.  Has anyone used this controller for this function?  I

• 1 year later...
On 3/17/2020 at 9:25 PM, gargonknight said:

you could change it to f3 with editor and save as sonar file

how do you save as sonar file, you mean to put it in user define mode?

On 8/28/2020 at 12:23 AM, Tony Clark said:

Not to hijack the thread but I am looking at the Icon Platform M+ to nothing more than run CC control of virtual instruments.  For example, fader control of string dynamic, vibrato, expression etc.  Has anyone used this controller for this function?  I

yes, you set it to user define mode or do ACT learn in Cakewalk

not sure ACT will send feedback to the icon when you move things with the mouse, though

Edited by chris.r