Theme Changes for CbB 2021.12 EA (build 91 / 93)

msmcleod

Just a heads up... any custom themes will need the Archive button updated to work with CbB 2021.12 EA (build 91 / 93).

It's now a tri-state button similar to the mute button (i.e. 8 images), in order for folders to indicate that some of the tracks are archived.

Old Button:
TS_BTN_Archive.png.877ef04b083c6b58dda40d333f601c56.png

New Button:  
TS_BTN_Archive.png.46cf121f9b5161268d1a5764d3e0a90b.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

Just a heads up... any custom themes will need the Archive button updated to work with CbB 2021.12 EA (build 91 / 93).

It's now a tri-state button similar to the mute button (i.e. 8 images), in order for folders to indicate that some of the tracks are archived.

Old Button:
TS_BTN_Archive.png.877ef04b083c6b58dda40d333f601c56.png

New Button:  
TS_BTN_Archive.png.46cf121f9b5161268d1a5764d3e0a90b.png

Shouldn't this trigger the theme out-of-date message?

As far as I can tell, there is no need to update user themes where the Archive image has never been modified. I’ve checked my themes and all of them display the new eight-state Archive button as I would expect without any theme update. These themes (Gran Vista, Carbon, and Lead) simply inherit the new eight-state button from Mercury.

If the user theme does not modify the button, no change is required.

User themes contain only the images and color changes from Mercury.

If the theme contains a modified archive button and is not updated, the button will not display correctly.

2 hours ago, msmcleod said:

That I'm not sure about, as its a change to an existing image - no new image resources have been added.

Did the dimensions of the Theme > Track View > Track Pane > Archive strip change?  If so, would that make a visual difference when an older 5-cell button element [Width = 110] is used in theme as compared with the new 8-cell element [Width = 176]?   

Or are you saying the compatibility checker doesn't flag changes in image dimensions?

Edited by User 905133

4 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Did the dimensions of the Theme > Track View > Track Pane > Archive strip change?  If so, would that make a visual difference when an older 5-cell button element [Width = 110] is used in theme as compared with the new 8-cell element [Width = 176]?   

Or are you saying the compatibility checker doesn't flag changes in image dimensions?

Yes to both questions.

2021.12 Build 91 and above will try to divide the 5 button image into 8, and end up showing a garbage image.

• Thanks 1