Save output folder with Export preset

Jezric

The new export dialog is nice, however the export folder always gets set to the default export location (as set in preferences). It would make export presets much more useful if this folder location could also be set. Such as when working on songs from the same album, I want those to output to a certain subfolder, so would be great if I could set that in the export preset. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

Export presets don't save the file location because they are global presets of the export settings - in other words they store the source type and format settings, but not any project specific information like specific tracks/buses and location.

The Export Tasks however, do store all of this information.

So the way to do it is to create an export task in each of your album's projects set to your album location.

• 2 weeks later...

I am finding that while the Task does remember the location, the file it creates does not then create the full MP3. It creates a file I think that is 2 KB and makes a file that plays nothing. I am back to not using the task & reselecting the folder every time. Seems like it would be a handy function if it worked for me.

I don't know if anybody else is having the same issue.