How to get Automation Lanes into another Project?

Heinz Hupfer

Question

HI:)

I've had the same problem years ago, can't remember how I did it:

I want to change just the Drums of some older Projects, made a new project with AD2 with all audio outputs and an extra Automation Track where I placed 23 Automation Lanes for Level, OH Level of BD, SN and Toms, Room Level of BD, SN and Toms. Additionally Tuning Automation of BD, SN and Toms, just to set the Standard Level as a starting point, 24 Lanes in sum.

Then I mixed a drum set with all audio tracks as a starting point for other drumsets.

Now I made a Track Template of it, deleted the drums in the older project and inserted the Track template into the project.

The AutoLanes are not there, means they are not saved with the Track Template and I have to manually add them one by one.

Then I tried to set a mix scene and drag and drop this to the older project.

The lines of the automations (not all, just 18 in my first attempt, 15 in the second and in the wrong track) but not the lanes, I too have to add them manually one by one.

AD2 preset does not work cause with another drumset all parameters are different and the Autolanes are not there.

Project template is not a good idea, then I have to port all other tracks from the older project to the template.....

Copy the automation lanes from the newer project to the older does copy the lines into the Automation track but not the lanes...

So how is this possible, if it is?

Thanks;)

Bassman.

Edited by Heinz Hupfer

4 answers to this question

Copy+Paste works between projects. Copy Special can copy just the automation and ignore everything else.

If you see the automation in the parent track but not in the lanes, hit the plus key a lane and the envelopes will be assigned one at a time to the new lanes.

• Like 1

Hi🙂

Aha, now I see......

My source track was a miditrack routed to AD2, where I put the lanes on.

If in the synthrack you choose an audiotrack for automation as destination it works, the lanes are shown.

With miditrack as destination it doesn't show the lanes, just the lines and you have to manually add them with the plus key.

So the destination must be an audio track, could you please confirm this?

Thank you very much😉

Bassman.

Edited by Heinz Hupfer