Mixcraft Pro Studio for $25!

cclarry

1 hour ago, Kal S said:

I still haven't received any email with the Upgrade codes. The last mail I received from Acoustica was on Dec 3 but that didn't have the $25 offer for upgrade.

Wondering if any one else is experiencing the same.

No email from mixcraft for a good while though I have previous versions

Tried re signing up to newsletter but for me it goes to error page after clicking send ( sendy.acoustica.com refused to connect. )

https://acoustica.com/company/newsletter

At that price I suppose its worth having? .. though I have Mixcraft 9 Recording Studio

A big reason would be if all or most of the plugins work in other DAWS like CW which is my main DAW ( Ableton after that ). Other than all the plugins in other DAWS is it worth having it I wonder, as a DAW in its own right particularly when we have CW already. Anything in MC thats not anywhere else I wonder?

22 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

MixCraft is a great little DAW, and really easy to use. 

It's particularly good when working with video.

I also use it primarily for video.

But wondering if the additional effects included in the Pro version are worth the upgrade. I already have a ton of VST effects from other brands which pretty much cover all bases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

1 hour ago, Kal S said:

I also use it primarily for video.

I had successfully closed all of my Mixcraft windows until ya'll said this.

7 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

At that price I suppose its worth having? .. though I have Mixcraft 9 Recording Studio

A big reason would be if all or most of the plugins work in other DAWS like CW which is my main DAW ( Ableton after that ). Other than all the plugins in other DAWS is it worth having it I wonder, as a DAW in its own right particularly when we have CW already. Anything in MC thats not anywhere else I wonder?

I couldn't see anything definite about whether all the plugins would work in other DAWs last time I looked so I gave it a miss. Would be interesting to know for sure.

8 hours ago, MusicMan said:

I couldn't see anything definite about whether all the plugins would work in other DAWs last time I looked so I gave it a miss. Would be interesting to know for sure.

I took the plunge and did a bit of testing this evening, so I think I can answer this for Cakewalk, at least. (And what other DAWs would anyone care about, anyway? Are there even others? Who can say?)

For instruments, nearly every plugin seems to work in Cakewalk. Some of these are 32bit, so compatibility with some other DAWs is dicey, but here's the rundown:

Acoustica (minimal GUI, basically ROMplers/preset lists): Instruments, Expanded Instruments, Studio Drums
Acoustica (full GUI): Pianissimo
GSonique (32bit): Alien 303, Renegade
Kastelheimer (32bit): Veldberg XD
Memorymoon: ME80 (32bit), ME80 v2.5, Messiah (32bit), Messiah 2, Memorymoon Synth

The separate registration for Cherry Audio (Voltage Modular) Ignite works independently, and the modules registered are included when running VM standalone or in Cakewalk.

I believe the included VoltKitchen MinimogueVA also works, but I already owned that, and I didn't retest the version from Mixcraft. Ditto AAS Lounge Lizard Session and Journeys bank, GSi(?) VB3, Martinic Combo Organs F / V and Acoustica Nightlife (32bit), which I had previously installed (and some of which are free) and didn't test the versions from Mixcraft.

Unlike these, QuikQuak Glass Viper is locked to Mixcraft and won't work outside it.

Most of the bundled effects also work in Cakewalk, and many of these are also 32bit:

Acoustica: 31-Band EQ, Pro Studio Reverb, VocalZap
Epralux (32bit): ORB7000, POD4500
Online Mastering Studio EU (32bit): EU ProMixEQ-10A
G-Sonique (32bit): DTC-1, Dubmaster Liquid Delay, Dubshox H8, FAT+, FSQ1964, GSXL 4070 EQ,M/S Envelope Follower+, M/S Harmonics Vitalizer+, M/S Stereophase Filter+, Pultronic EQ 110P, TrebleCream, Twisthead VS-206, VTD-42 Psychedelic Delay, XBass 4000, Zener Limiter LM-2Z
Pentode Audio (32bit): PSEQ-1, TRW-1, VBE-1, VTC-1
ToneBoosters (all v3, so previous versions to those on the TB website, and mostly "demo" versions, which I believe remain functional indefinitely, but perhaps others can comment on the specifics): Barricade, Broadcast, BusCompressor, Compressor, DeEsser, Dither, Equalizer, EZQ, Ferox, FIX, FIX4, Gate, MultiFX, Reverb, TimeMachine (I can say that most of these from Mixcraft work in Cakewalk, though I happened to have a couple [Barricade, Reverb, etc.] previously installed, so I didn't test those.)

I already have Melodyne Essential, so I didn't try the separate registration for that, but my best guess is that it works independently of the DAW, similar to Ignite above. I also had previously installed GVST GSnap and GTune, Voxengo Boogex and SPAN, AcmeBarGig Shred (32bit), all of which I think are free, and I didn't test those.

The effects locked to Mixcraft include QuikQuak Fusion Field and Studio Devil Virtual Bass Amp.

There are also plugins available under directories called "Legacy" and "Pro Studio Legacy" that appear to be earlier versions or outdated precursors of various TB, Acoustica and perhaps other plugins, but I didn't test any of those in Cakewalk. (Or in Mixcraft, for that matter. Leave the past in the past, eh?)

Hope this helps!

Edited to add: So far as I could see, the Alpha and Omni samplers are not among the plugins in Mixcraft 9 Pro's VST directory, so those may be even deeper "baked in" to the Mixcraft DAW. (Or I just missed them.) Also, as best I can ascertain, Cakewalk ignored the iZotope "Mastering Essentials" plugin included among the effects plugins. This may be because I have some other iZotope plugins installed, complete non-M9 DAW incompatibility or some other reason.

Edited by Zolton
  • Thanks 5

A question: I understand that the Library (7958) is hosted online, and that loops/samples/sound-effects are downloaded as needed. For those who may be using in an area without internet connectivity, is there a way to d/l the nearly 8000 items all at once on to an external ssd?

And, for those who are interested in the discussion about the discount code to purchase for $25 and whether or not it should be publicly posted or censored, there are some discussions at:

kvr Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

reddit /r/audioproductiondeals

with one person commenting

The code in this thread worked fine - and, to me, the use of the term "all in" doesn't 'seem' to indicate that it's restricted. They appear to be trying to get as many new users on board as possible before the new version drops, so that they can reap the upgrades

Edited by Bad Penguin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HIBI said:

FYI: Users of the previous versions can receive an email with a link including the coupon code by submitting your registered email address on the page below.
https://acoustica.com/mixcraft/upgrades

I tried that several times but the code that comes in the subsequent email gives you a final price of $49 for the upgrade, not $25.

Text from the email:

"UPGRADE TO MIXCRAFT 9 PRO STUDIO!!: Only $49 ! retailing at $199 - You save $150 when upgrading.

CLICK HERE TO UPGRADE NOW - ONLY - $49"

Edited by Kal S

On 12/11/2021 at 10:03 AM, msmcleod said:

I think of it as the Garage Band for Windows version.  Okay not free but if you catch it on sale it is a very user friendly capable DAW and the video is one of their strong points.  YMMV

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Kal S said:

I tried that several times but the code that comes in the subsequent email gives you a final price of $49 for the upgrade, not $25.

I believe that requires your account (registered email address) has previous "Pro Studio" registration information.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2021 at 3:23 PM, Zolton said:

I took the plunge and did a bit of testing this evening, so I think I can answer this for Cakewalk, at least. (And what other DAWs would anyone care about, anyway? Are there even others? Who can say?)

For instruments, nearly every plugin seems to work in Cakewalk. Some of these are 32bit, so compatibility with some other DAWs is dicey, but here's the rundown:

Acoustica (minimal GUI, basically ROMplers/preset lists): Instruments, Expanded Instruments, Studio Drums
Acoustica (full GUI): Pianissimo
GSonique (32bit): Alien 303, Renegade
Kastelheimer (32bit): Veldberg XD
Memorymoon: ME80 (32bit), ME80 v2.5, Messiah (32bit), Messiah 2, Memorymoon Synth

The separate registration for Cherry Audio (Voltage Modular) Ignite works independently, and the modules registered are included when running VM standalone or in Cakewalk.

I believe the included VoltKitchen MinimogueVA also works, but I already owned that, and I didn't retest the version from Mixcraft. Ditto AAS Lounge Lizard Session and Journeys bank, GSi(?) VB3, Martinic Combo Organs F / V and Acoustica Nightlife (32bit), which I had previously installed (and some of which are free) and didn't test the versions from Mixcraft.

Unlike these, QuikQuak Glass Viper is locked to Mixcraft and won't work outside it.

Most of the bundled effects also work in Cakewalk, and many of these are also 32bit:

Acoustica: 31-Band EQ, Pro Studio Reverb, VocalZap
Epralux (32bit): ORB7000, POD4500
Online Mastering Studio EU (32bit): EU ProMixEQ-10A
G-Sonique (32bit): DTC-1, Dubmaster Liquid Delay, Dubshox H8, FAT+, FSQ1964, GSXL 4070 EQ,M/S Envelope Follower+, M/S Harmonics Vitalizer+, M/S Stereophase Filter+, Pultronic EQ 110P, TrebleCream, Twisthead VS-206, VTD-42 Psychedelic Delay, XBass 4000, Zener Limiter LM-2Z
Pentode Audio (32bit): PSEQ-1, TRW-1, VBE-1, VTC-1
ToneBoosters (all v3, so previous versions to those on the TB website, and mostly "demo" versions, which I believe remain functional indefinitely, but perhaps others can comment on the specifics): Barricade, Broadcast, BusCompressor, Compressor, DeEsser, Dither, Equalizer, EZQ, Ferox, FIX, FIX4, Gate, MultiFX, Reverb, TimeMachine (I can say that most of these from Mixcraft work in Cakewalk, though I happened to have a couple [Barricade, Reverb, etc.] previously installed, so I didn't test those.)

I already have Melodyne Essential, so I didn't try the separate registration for that, but my best guess is that it works independently of the DAW, similar to Ignite above. I also had previously installed GVST GSnap and GTune, Voxengo Boogex and SPAN, AcmeBarGig Shred (32bit), all of which I think are free, and I didn't test those.

The effects locked to Mixcraft include QuikQuak Fusion Field and Studio Devil Virtual Bass Amp.

There are also plugins available under directories called "Legacy" and "Pro Studio Legacy" that appear to be earlier versions or outdated precursors of various TB, Acoustica and perhaps other plugins, but I didn't test any of those in Cakewalk. (Or in Mixcraft, for that matter. Leave the past in the past, eh?)

Hope this helps!

Edited to add: So far as I could see, the Alpha and Omni samplers are not among the plugins in Mixcraft 9 Pro's VST directory, so those may be even deeper "baked in" to the Mixcraft DAW. (Or I just missed them.) Also, as best I can ascertain, Cakewalk ignored the iZotope "Mastering Essentials" plugin included among the effects plugins. This may be because I have some other iZotope plugins installed, complete non-M9 DAW incompatibility or some other reason.

That does indeed! VERY helpful 🙂 It's a bit of a shame that so many are 32bit and the ToneBoosters are only demo. ToneBoosters seem quite good really, so I was more interested in them.

I already have Ignite Nucleus and Melodyne Essentials, so it's awesome value in general, but it doesn't give me personally a heap more that I need.

Still tempting though.. I guess that's G.A.S... haha.. 🤣

On 12/14/2021 at 2:19 PM, Bad Penguin said:

FWIW, I believe it also comes with Pianissimo, which is currently selling for $19, if that offers any value to you.

Pianissimo

If I remember correctly I installed Pianissimo as an individual product but the VST was 32 bit. It works as stand alone and inside Mixcraft but it won't show up in other DAWs that only support 64 Bit.

You can request Acoustica for a  64 bit version separately (which by itself is standard with Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio and higher) and use it to overwrite the 32 bit VST. But then the 64 Bit does not work as standalone, if I recall correctly.  Maybe someone can confirm this.

Pianissimo 32 Bit.jpg

Notes:  Edited post

Edited by Kal S