Softube 48 Hr Offer

cclarry

58 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

Well. just keep in mind,  It's still worth it to get AT5, when you can get it cheap, as it does have a lot more things in it than AmpRoom. IKM have emulated a crap load more stomp pedals and amps and cabs and mics than Softube have which can cover a lot of music genres that are outside hard rock and metal. Just saying. And the drag and drop GUI in AT5 is really useful to use.

And lastly, remember, always ALWAYS use a limiter on the master track when playing around with these sims. I had the rare occurrence where moving a mic has resulted in a +400db shriek. It could do permanent damage to our monitors. Also to your hearing.

Thanks.  Yeah, I got AT5 with everything from the group buy.  How would you compare the quality of the stomps of Amp Room vs. AmpliTube?  Do you mix and match or stay in one or the other?

14 minutes ago, ALC said:

Thanks.  Yeah, I got AT5 with everything from the group buy.  How would you compare the quality of the stomps of Amp Room vs. AmpliTube?  Do you mix and match or stay in one or the other?

That's sort of hard to answer as I am not a software developer. I just go by what I hear. There are a lot more stomps in AT5. Some are really amazing sounding. Much depends on what style of music you make. The ability to zoom into the stomp and amp settings in AmpRoom is really great stuff. I wish AT5 had that.

Edited by telecode 101

7 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

That's sort of hard to answer as I am not a software developer. I just go by what I hear. There are a lot more stomps in AT5. Some are really amazing sounding. Much depends on what style of music you make. The ability to zoom into the stomp and amp settings in AmpRoom is really great stuff. I wish AT5 had that.

Oh, I was referring to the sound quality of the stomps.  Have you mixed the AT5 stomps with AR amps/cabs and/or vice versa?

From what I read, the AR Marshalls are top notch.

How do the Fenders amps stack up (I assume AT Fender Collection would do pretty well)?

6 minutes ago, ALC said:

How do the Fenders amps stack up (I assume AT Fender Collection would do pretty well)?

I got the Fender Collection for free in the last IK Group Buy and mostly just because I'd already picked a lot of things I really wanted first, but when I got it I was really impressed by the sound. Even more so than some of the choices I'd picked in preference first!

I'd recommend trying the demo 🙂

Amp Sims depend a lot on the pickups/guitar and the interface it's going through, so it's always best to try on your set-up. More so than most plugins, etc..

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

I got the Fender Collection for free in the last IK Group Buy and mostly just because I'd already picked a lot of things I really wanted first, but when I got it I was really impressed by the sound. Even more so than some of the choices I'd picked in preference first!

I'd recommend trying the demo 🙂

Amp Sims depend a lot on the pickups/guitar and the interface it's going through, so it's always best to try on your set-up. More so than most plugins, etc..

The Fender amps in AmpRoom are two of my faves in the whole lot, and I'm only missing the Bluesbreaker.  They are what initially turned me on to AmpRoom, actually, as it was a sound I was after at the time.  I really like the Fender Collections in A5, but the dynamics feel much truer in Amproom.  There's even an adjustable dynamic control, too.  The Amproom Fenders (and the Vox emulation) get overshadowed by the Marshall heads.  As far as the stomps go, there are fewer but excellent on their own.  There's a ton of pedals in A5, but I'd never get a chance to use all of them.  The ones in AmpRoom are bread-and-butter stomps, and they perform those jobs really well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ALC said:

Oh, I was referring to the sound quality of the stomps.  Have you mixed the AT5 stomps with AR amps/cabs and/or vice versa?

From what I read, the AR Marshalls are top notch.

No not really. I don't mix the two products much. The AR Marshalls are great and to  my ears sound different than the ones in AT5. AT5 has very good Fender amp sims. I use mostly the Fender 2 collection in it and the ones in the Jimi Hendrix. The Hendrix ones are surprisingly good which I didn't expect. 

• Like 1