Suburban Susan pre mixdown

Paul Bush

Hi chaps , I wrote this one back in the summer where in the UK demonstrator`s were glueing themselve to Tarmac, Trains, and other objects to save us all , Its a work in progress ..so all comments are welcome , Its a song about a housewife who goes on demonstrations to pep up her life( lovelife) to meet like minded people to hold hands and sing in harmony and in the process to save us all , and at the end of the day if she gets a ................ well then thats a bonus then its back home to surburbia and wait for the BBC news ..cheers

Edited by Paul Bush
  • Like 2

Hi supareells cheers , well yes the ending is just me being silly It wont be on the final song , I thought it would cheer us all up after all the bad news going about . another one of those songs that slowly evolved 4 chords and some cheeky text  thanks for commenting cheers P

16 minutes ago, Paul Bush said:

Hi supareells cheers , well yes the ending is just me being silly It wont be on the final song , I thought it would cheer us all up after all the bad news going about . another one of those songs that slowly evolved 4 chords and some cheeky text  thanks for commenting cheers P

Still a bloody good song though 😄 got an EAGLES vibe to it  !

Edited by SupaReels
  • Like 1

Great song again Paul....i got an Eagles vibe too as well as some Elvis Costello flashes, pretty good company to be in i would say 👍👍 ....so, for being at pre-mixdown stage only you can determine how it will wind up sounding....the diamond is there, just have to be very careful in the cutting of it 👌👌🎶🎼

• Like 1

O yeah ! . . . 'nother good one Paul. You've got the social commentary going on in the lyric, some good attitude in the vocal take. Song wise it's all there, and the drum feel (yup)  works well too. Personally, I would keep the "Kum-ba-ya" ending, it brings an extra smile . . . unless, of course you may fear getting sued by the folks who originally wrote that ? Who would write that anyways ? 

Mix wise, perhaps bring up the presence range of the vocal a *&^# hair (3k,5k,8k ?) not all the lyrics are super clear. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Paul, I like the lyrics (and singing and playing) a bunch. This is a unique take on a lonely aging woman looking for friendship and maybe more. (And suggests to me how the nutty elements of humankind band together to do their thing - not talking about Susan here).

I checked out some of your other songs while on SC.  Wonderful music! I really liked Moonlight Flint.

-Bjorn

Thanks Bjorn , I never know if the songs i write are good or not , I try and do something different sometimes it works sometimes not and i think ``Flint´´ was one of those where  the message was more dominant than  the song  so i think i was pleased with that one......... doesnt happen very often cheers

Edited by Paul Bush