New Freebie at Audio Deluxe - FREE MeldaProduction MFreeformAnalogEq

cclarry

1 hour ago, MusicMan said:

I got this one free, but wasn't sure if it was a keeper, so haven't installed it yet.

What's everyone's thoughts on it?

I'll probably download the demo first just to get a feel for it, but I have so many good EQs already I'm not sure it adds anything!

Depends on how well you can draw.  I'd say it is a workflow thing.  Melda makes good stuff - it might not offer anything different than an alternative workflow.

It isn't a go to for me but I also don't usually have the Wacom setup when I'm making music.

• Like 1

The MFreeformAnalogEq is nice.

It has a lot of options beyond just hand drawn curves. You can use points to add bands and easily adjust the curves in between.

You can also show the frequency zones with different displays, such as ranges from high to low, or by octaves, etc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Depends on how well you can draw.  I'd say it is a workflow thing.  Melda makes good stuff - it might not offer anything different than an alternative workflow.

It isn't a go to for me but I also don't usually have the Wacom setup when I'm making music.

Thanks Brian 🙂

I do like Melda and they have some great things, but I also have Harrison Ava Mastering EQ which allows me to draw curves and seems to sound quite good!

I struggled with it a little at first, but the last time I used that I was quite surprised!

I tend not to have Wacom tablet when producing either! 🤣

4 minutes ago, abacab said:

The MFreeformAnalogEq is nice.

It has a lot of options beyond just hand drawn curves. You can use points to add bands and easily adjust the curves in between.

You can also show the frequency zones with different displays, such as ranges from high to low, or by octaves, etc.

Some interesting points there.. thanks! I might have to give it a try and before I decide I think 🙂

• Great Idea 1

I had Pro-Q 3. I sold it because I had better use for the money.  I also have MCompleteBundle. I also had/have a bunch of other EQ's, and got rid of what I could.

I use Nuendo's stock four-band EQ. It's integrated into the mixer so it's easily accessible and I can see the curves on all channels at a glance. It equalizes just fine, and usually when I find myself needing a fifth band it's a sign that EQ is not the solution to my problem. My soundscape is probably too crowded or the source too dirty. I then work backward and clean up or refactor the foundation instead of polishing the turd. I work with synths and there the cleaning of the spectrum starts with the synthesis itself.

Equalizing is a solved problem for me (when it comes to tooling), and if I ever need a fancy solution - which I never I do - or want one - usually because I'm lazy or playful - Melda delivers with its multi-band this-and-that sidechaining facilities.

Got MFreeformAnalogEq a few months ago.

AD is offering MFreeformAnalogEq until 12/24.

Want to make purchase of something at AD, and CYBER21 will get me 10% discount.

Any ideas on how much longer CYBER21 will be valid?

Would hate to wait until 12/25 to see what the new freebie will be, and then find out CYBER21 doesn't work anymore.

Looked around website, but I couldn't find an end date for CYBER21.

Never done it before, so I don't know, in worst case, would it be possible to sell MFreeformAnalogEq for like $10 or something?