Mono UAD plugins not showing in cakewalk

jono grant

Yo Jono

I'm not in front of my DAW right now or I could be more specific, but I save a VST template in the utilities, plug-in manager. There, I have categories, folders, etc. If I want the mono version of a VST plug in, I add it to that template. Now, when you go to track where you want to add the plug-in, organize your plug-ins by the name of the template you created. You should see the mono versions of your plug-ins.

Maybe you could create a folder or separator named Mono and put the plug-ins in there. That might make it easier to find.

If I've completely lost you, I understand. I'll add more details once I'm in studio.

I looked at the ideas above but didn't help.

The mono UAD plugins are not in the main vst list. I see other mono plugs from different manufacturers but not UAD.

I'll hit up the UAD forum and see if anyone has any similar issues.

Thanks

J

I just opened an older version of Sonar (X1) and the mono UAD plugins do show up there, also in Platinum.

This is something to do with the newer bandlab version of Cakewalk.

Anyone with UAD notice this in their VST list?

Thanks

Jono

6 minutes ago, mettelus said:

Do a quick check of the scan folders in X1. Does CbB have them all listed the same? It may be a simple path issue, but I do not have UAD to check where they are installed.

The scan path is the same in both programs pretty much. UAD put their plug as in one place so it wouldn't be a missing folder to scan or anything.

On 5/15/2019 at 1:06 PM, razor7music said:

Yo Jono

I'm not in front of my DAW right now or I could be more specific, but I save a VST template in the utilities, plug-in manager. There, I have categories, folders, etc. If I want the mono version of a VST plug in, I add it to that template. Now, when you go to track where you want to add the plug-in, organize your plug-ins by the name of the template you created. You should see the mono versions of your plug-ins.

Maybe you could create a folder or separator named Mono and put the plug-ins in there. That might make it easier to find.

If I've completely lost you, I understand. I'll add more details once I'm in studio.

Yes, I use custom VST templates as well, but the mono UAD stuff doesn't even show in the main list (in the VST utility) Whereas is does in earlier versions of Sonar. It's just the BandLab version that they don't show up in. On the one hand, it's nice to not have to look at a billion plugins but on the other, sometimes I need to load a mono plug to save DSP in the session. Where did they gooooo? :)

J

20 minutes ago, jono grant said:

Yes, I use custom VST templates as well, but the mono UAD stuff doesn't even show in the main list (in the VST utility) Whereas is does in earlier versions of Sonar. It's just the BandLab version that they don't show up in. On the one hand, it's nice to not have to look at a billion plugins but on the other, sometimes I need to load a mono plug to save DSP in the session. Where did they gooooo? :)

J

Hmm -- I typically don't need/use mono versions, but I do have UAD Powered Plug-Ins. I'll take a look tonight and see if I can figure out how to list them.

I'm guessing you already checked the excluded plug-ins list?

8 minutes ago, razor7music said:

Hmm -- I typically don't need/use mono versions, but I do have UAD Powered Plug-Ins. I'll take a look tonight and see if I can figure out how to list them.

I'm guessing you already checked the excluded plug-ins list?

Yes, everything is setup as it should be. I looked at excluded plugs and other things that were suggested. If you do look, just go to your main list in VST utilities and scan the VST effects. They should all be there, every UAD plug, whether you own or not. If you see a duplicate name, it's likely the mono version or vise-versa. My guess is you will only see a single entry for each plug though. (in bandlab anyways) 

Thanks

J

1 hour ago, razor7music said:

Had another thought...I actually am still using the vst template from Sonar Platinum. Are you pointing to your template from SPLAT or is this a new one you created in BL?

I haven't setup my template in BL Cakewalk yet. I want to include some of those mono plugins, so until I figure out how to get them to show up, I need to wait.

This is right in the main vst utility that they are not showing up, so before any template

59 minutes ago, Billy Buck said:

Try reading through this SONAR/UAD thread from the old Cakewalk forum for a possible answer to your issue.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Missing-plugin-suffixes-SOLVED-m3204949.aspx#3505682

Thanks, I get this for sure but it's a little different. The plugin names may or may not contain the word mono but if you click on them, it displays the basic properties at the bottom of the plugin manager window. It will say (mono) if it is mono.

My issue is that there is only one version of any UAD plugin showing in the list. Where there should be a second listing of the plugin and it would be the mono version.

CBL won't show them, SPLAT and X1 will show them in the list.

J

4 hours ago, jono grant said:

UAD put their plug as in one place so it wouldn't be a missing folder to scan or anything

If this is the case, then why did the images in this post

show 2 different paths containing UAD plug-ins?