Steinberg Releases FREE LoFi Piano For HALion

Simeon Amburgey

I am new to Steinberg, so maybe this is just how it works.  I went to the offer page, which took me to a download page, which just circled back to the offer page.  Nothing ever downloaded.  When I checked my email though, there was a download key for Steinberg Download Assistant, so I got it.  I am learning the convoluted ways of the Steinberg ecosystem.  Thanks Simeon!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Brian Lawler said:

I am new to Steinberg, so maybe this is just how it works.  I went to the offer page, which took me to a download page, which just circled back to the offer page.  Nothing ever downloaded.  When I checked my email though, there was a download key for Steinberg Download Assistant, so I got it.  I am learning the convoluted ways of the Steinberg ecosystem.  Thanks Simeon!

You open the download iassiatnt and enter the code your recieved by email , it will ask the question i just posted before ...

Ok got it sorted , once ask to activate say yes , then you 'll have another screen with the activation code , copy it and cancel activation( on computer)

LOpen E licencer and enter activation code and choose key as destinantion (or computer if you don't have a key witch should have been done before having to go those steps) 

By the way i sinatlled halion and it has zero content , but in program data , steinberg , content , halion , i have like 700 Mb of content , why halion doesn't see those (no option to point it in standalone or plugin either ) and no way via library manager !!!

@Brian Lawler Yes, they certainly make you work for a freebie! I lost count of how many clicks I had to make before it was installed.

@Zo I also have around 700Mb in that location but the main 35Gb content is on another SSD which I have set up in Steinberg Library Manager. Most of what's in ProgramData appears to be shortcuts to stuff I have moved to the SSD.  If you have anything there that you want to register in SLM the easiest way is to double click on the .vstsound files.

1 minute ago, ZincT said:

@Brian Lawler Yes, they certainly make you work for a freebie! I lost count of how many clicks I had to make before it was installed.

@Zo I also have around 700Mb in that location but the main 35Gb content is on another SSD which I have set up in Steinberg Library Manager. Most of what's in ProgramData appears to be shortcuts to stuff I have moved to the SSD.  If you have anything there that you want to register in SLM the easiest way is to double click on the .vstsound files.

I did so but it say on the library content manager "this content is already registered" ...

All other content are shortcuts created by the lib manager by the way , those are not , and supposed to be those halion Se content right ?

As cubase 11 pro owner , do we have full halion or some or only those ?

26 minutes ago, Zo said:

I did so but it say on the library content manager "this content is already registered" ...

All other content are shortcuts created by the lib manager by the way , those are not , and supposed to be those halion Se content right ?

As cubase 11 pro owner , do we have full halion or some or only those ?

With Cubase Pro you only get HALion Sonic SE 3 and the Pro set of sounds.

I'm not sure what content that is exactly as I upgraded to HS3 and then Halion 6 a while back which both come with 35+ Gb of sounds. 
I'm pretty sure that it should be more than 700Mb though.

Edited by ZincT