Project Rename Function

ADUS

Studio One has a nice feature to rename a project.  This option renames the file and all subsequent project and audio files to the new file name.  This is helpful because most people don't have a title when they start a new song (I always start as "Tune 1",  "Tune 2", etc....) or sometimes you want to just change a name, but when you do a "Save As" with Cakewalk, all the old audio clips from the older projects still have "Tune 1" in them or whatever your previous project name was.  Would be nice to have this in Cakewalk.

• Great Idea 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2022 at 7:48 AM, msmcleod said:

Use "Save Copy As" instead.

I believe that "Save As" and "Save Copy As" create new projects the same way.

The difference between the two functions is what happens after the copy process completes. "Save As" closes the current project and opens the new project. "Save Copy As" leaves the current project open and does not open the new project.

The "Copy all audio with project" option does exactly what it says. 

However, adding the "Create one file per clip" option causes the copy process to create new audio files using the new project name.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, scook said:

I believe that "Save As" and "Save Copy As" create new projects the same way.

The difference between the two functions is what happens after the copy process completes. "Save As" closes the current project and opens the new project. "Save Copy As" leaves the current project open and does not open the new project.

The "Copy all audio with project" option does exactly what it says. 

However, adding the "Create one file per clip" option causes the copy process to create new audio files using the new project name.

I normally have "Create one file per clip" checked - which probably explains it.

In the image above, the "Copy all audio with project" is effectively ignored because the Audio folder already exists in the "Test Vocal" folder. 

Because the "Copy all audio with project" cannot happen, "Create one file per clip" is disabled.

Try moving up one folder and create a new project using a folder name that does not already exist.

41 minutes ago, scook said:

In the image above, the "Copy all audio with project" is effectively ignored because the Audio folder already exists in the "Test Vocal" folder. 

Because the "Copy all audio with project" cannot happen, "Create one file per clip" is disabled.

Try moving up one folder and create a new project using a folder name that does not already exist.

Thanks scook! In addition to that, I needed to bounce a time-stretched clip before it would allow me to select "Create one file per clip." After I did that, I was able to check the box and it worked.