Bandlab site down - no updating an my reg runs out in 2 days

Alan Tubbs

What most of us have learned is if you depend on Cakewalk as your DAW then best to follow along with how they have it optimized to work smoothly. This means update it when you get the toast messages. You are automatically updated and re authorized every time. This system works for the majority of users and is 99.9 % hassle free. 
Only people complaining are those who don’t update. Your choice. 

• Like 1

This was on my old, windows 7 machine I’m retiring.  I didn’t realize it had  also gone to update through cake itself and the old bandlab login update page was defunct.

my new machine is wireless and stays updated.  I hadn’t stressed my the new win 10 much and had an important session so I fired up the old rig.

• Like 1

@Alan Tubbs - on Windows 7 you can always download and install the latest version of BandLab assistant, got to the Apps tab, then select Refresh Activation from the Cakewalk Open menu:

image.thumb.png.7f676e1f6227a49c20a740ec4eb1d695.png

If you're still getting issues, then it's likely your Windows 7 security settings are out of date.

You can solve this by going here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/update-to-enable-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2-as-default-secure-protocols-in-winhttp-in-windows-c4bd73d2-31d7-761e-0178-11268bb10392

Search for the "Easy fix" link on that page and install it.

You may find that after applying this, activation may start to work from within Cakewalk itself.

• 3 months later...

(been a few months but its acting up again) so im using my Surface 10 and trying to log in but it sends me to an error page and says that it's a broken link (both in app and browser) anyone else having similar problems at the moment?