Midi Keyboard solo changing key randomly (solved)

John Ritter

Well, I'm baffled by this one but it keeps happening.  I have a song with only 6 tracks.  The keyboard solo track is a V-Station sound.  And it's happened 10 times at least where I'm working on the track and the solo detunes itself a step or two.  One minute it's fine, then all the sudden the track is in the wrong key.  Restarting Cakewalk ALWAYS fixes it for a time then it happens again.  Any idea what would cause this?

Edited by John Ritter

You can set " zero controllers on stop " in  PROJECT / MIDI preferences. This would eliminate having to re-start the program to zero out the pitch bend issue. Also you can select the track in the Piano roll view and select wheel data and just  right click drag  to the left to select the data and delete it.

On 12/9/2021 at 7:51 AM, RBH said:

You can set " zero controllers on stop " in  PROJECT / MIDI preferences. This would eliminate having to re-start the program to zero out the pitch bend issue. Also you can select the track in the Piano roll view and select wheel data and just  right click drag  to the left to select the data and delete it.

Thanks RBH and everyone else.  I think that's definitely needed.  This track seems to be doing the same thing with both pitch bend and the mod wheel applying when I don't want them to.