Group TRACK

IgoRr

@msmcleod

My AUX track differs in routing in pre/post fader modes then Audio track, or is something just not working for me? That is why, I also proposed to create something similar to the grouping procedure as in Cubase. And still, in Cakewalk, to get a fully formed grouping of tracks, you need more actions than in Cubase, and you have to scale the tracks to access the "output" field, unlike Cubase, I described this in great detail.

But if you do not find such a function (option) convenient, then you do not want to add it, I can only regret it.

Edited by IgoRr
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, msmcleod said:

There is a quicker way, if I'm correctly understanding what you're trying to do...

1. Select your tracks
2. Hold down CTRL, and on one of the tracks and select "New Aux Track" from the output dropdown.

Ha...you know I never realised you could create a new Aux or Bus from that dropdown. I said earlier in the thread there should be a " create bus from secected tracks " as one of the right click options but I guess that's a moot sugestion when you know where it actually is located. My bad.  Surely this gives the functionality the Op wants ?

@msmcleod 

@Mark MoreThan-Shaw

I must apologize for persisting so. For many years ago, I tried to group audio tracks, and I could not do it the way it is implemented in Cubase, that's why I gave this example. But the fault is entirely my own - I tried to create AUX Track from the Sends field, and it turned out quite differently, as I spoke about here earlier.

And only yesterday I saw the post of @msmcleod that this is being done from the Output field, and indeed, everything turns out in the best way, as I dreamed all this time.

Once again, I apologize, and express my deep gratitude for your time and desire to help! Only thanks to this, I can finally use the grouping of tracks, implemented no worse than in Cubase, which I do not like.

THANKS a thousand more times!   ✌️  👏

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 12/10/2021 at 7:47 AM, msmcleod said:

There is a quicker way, if I'm correctly understanding what you're trying to do...

1. Select your tracks
2. Hold down CTRL, and on one of the tracks and select "New Aux Track" from the output dropdown.

A new patch point is automatically created when you create an aux track in this way, so there's no need to create a separate one (unless I'm missing something in your routing requirements here)

Holding down CTRL with a selection will set the output for all of the tracks using quick grouping, e.g.:

multipleTracksToNewAuxTrack.gif

Thanks. A picture is worth a 1000 words.

• 5 weeks later...

+1

Cakewalk already has buses, aux tracks, and folders. Most of the time when we group tracks in a folder, they are routed to a single bus. Making the folder name a bus instead of simply a folder name can make the track view much cleaner in my opinion. Similar to how Reaper does when a track is routed to a bus, the tracks routed to that is then indented a bit to the right and the parent track is the parent folder also. Want to see this in a future release

On 1/11/2022 at 2:55 AM, Matt Erece said:

Most of the time when we group tracks in a folder, they are routed to a single bus. 

I disagree , I use multiple folders on every project and rarely have every track in a Folder routed to the same bus. It's actually one of the benfits of using folders that it allows you to  group simlar tracks together that are routed to disparate buses.

This is key for printing stems if you have that requirement in your deliverables. Making a Folder a bus would ruin it. They have different uses. 

Edited by Mark MoreThan-Shaw

1 hour ago, Mark MoreThan-Shaw said:

I disagree , I use multiple folders on every project and rarely have every track in a Folder routed to the same bus. It's actually one of the benfits of using folders that it allows you to  group simlar tracks together that are routed to disparate buses.

This is key for printing stems if you have that requirement in your deliverables. Making a Folder a bus would ruin it. They have different uses. 

Agree entirely with @Mark MoreThan-Shaw

• Like 2