Native Instruments - Subscription

TracingArcs

I have nothing against subs, I have Presonus Sphere, EW Composer Cloud, and Roland Cloud ( core), all of which are working out well for me and give good value, but this a bit underwhelming. I think its aimed at new customers, I don't see anything to tempt owners of the latest version of complete.

• Like 1

Here's a quote from Matt @NI on th NI forum "If you have Komplete 13 Ultimate, I'd say it's not really for you. You'll find a lot of stuff you already have."

In an earlier post he mentioned 1 instrument a month or MassiveX expansions, or effect. I can see this slowly creeping along with little for Komplete owners .

With them releasing stuff already available elsewhere (PB).

• Like 1

Seems like an ok deal to me if you're starting out - instant access to some big name synths at a relatively low monthly cost, and the option to cancel at any time. It's not something for me, but that's ok because I wasn't keen on the idea of a subscription anyway (and I did mention it in the NI customer survey they did a while back); I get to continue buying perpetual licenses as I used to.

I think this is a good outcome from the subscription theories - NI get to grow their customer base with subscriptions aimed at newcomers; the rest of us get to continue with our previous purchasing patterns, avoiding the subscriptions that we seemingly express dislike for. If NI get more revenue from this, that's good news for both them, and their customers.