"Use Paste Special Options on Paste" setting is ignored

B. J. U.

Question

Simple question. This seems broken.  When I set Preferences | Customizaton| Editing | "Use Paste Special Options on Paste" it has no effect with CTRL-V (Paste).

image.png.af459361268b53f62833e8d3d91b1b25.png

When I toggle it I can see the registry setting change back and forth but the editor seems to just ignore this setting.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Core->UsePasteSpecialOptionsOnPaste

Anyone else experience this?  Am I missing something?  Known bug?

Thanks

2 answers to this question

This sounds similar to an issue I am having and that I have reported to support.

In my Paste Special Options, I have “Paste into Existing clips ” enabled.

I also have "Use Paste Special Options on Paste" checked in Preferences | Customizaton| Editing.

Yet, when I paste a clip, that clip pastes as a new clip. This is contrary to the setting in Preferences | Customizaton| Editing.

It is only after I open the Paste Special dialogue box and then cancel, that the setting Paste Special Options is used.

I have logged this with Cakewalk support.  You might want to do the same as it does sound similar to my issue.

https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000025633

Thanks for the resonse . @Promidi  Your issue is different than mine.  (I don't experience your issue). 

After a bit more RTFM I can find nowhere in the docs that says the "Use Paste Special Options on Paste" when checked will cause to options dialog to pop on Ctrl-V (i.e. "Ask every time").  I did however find that using Ctrl-Alt-V (and Ctrl-Alt-C) instead does in fact "Ask every time".  Problem solved.

(This must be a feature change that occurred over the years because I know I used to depend on that through the Home Studio / Cakewalk / Sonar eras.)