Won't open in Windows 11 Pro

Homer Gaines

Question

I'm having a problem with CW and it's pretty major.
I was working on a song last night without any problem but now, when I try to launch CW, the splash screen appears and quickly goes away. When I check the processes to see if it's running, there's nothing.

I've completed a full uninstall of both CW and BandLab. Removed all instances from the registry and made sure my anti-virus wasn't blocking the application or any of its processes. Afterwards, I rebooted my machine. I then reinstalled BandLab and CW. No issues with the install process, went as smooth as ever.

After the install, I tried to launch CW again and boom! Nothing. The same issue.

I'm in the middle of recording my next album and would really hate to have to switch to a different DAW.

4 answers to this question

The same thing happened to me, the only solution was for me to reinstall version 2021.09, because version 2021.11 was giving this bug.See the topic I created where I report the problems!

CAKEWALK DOES NOT OPEN MY PROJECTS

I formatted my computer several times, I stopped installing the plugins to see if it was an error, I simply closed.

It was then that I asked Mark for the previous version, and when I installed it, my projects reopened again. The problem is in the full installer of the new version [2021.11].

I am waiting for the official release of version 2021.12, in the meantime I will continue using version 2021.09.

If you create a new project in version 2021.11, it will open, but if you try to open any projects saved in the previous version, Cakewalk will suddenly close.

See the topic I created, I posted some videos of what was happening to me, and comment if it is the same thing, this will help them understand that this is not an isolated problem, but rather, it is a failure on full installation, especially when the computer is newly formatted, or the registry cleaned.