[SOLVED] Inspector Not Following Track Selection

Wong Jian Ming

SOLVED: 

12 hours ago, Michayl Asaph Myers said:

In the Track Inspector, left click (NOT RIGHT CLICK) on the track name at the bottom of the inspector view and a menu will come up.... at the bottom of this menu it says "Lock the current track or bus", unselect it. Mine was selected for a track and it was locked. Like Steve_B said, who new?

As the title describes, my inspector is not following my track selection in the track view or console view. See video below:

It only happens in this project file, I've tried deleting all the tracks and buses and inspector is still not following the track selection. I have tried opening this project in safe mode with no plugins loaded and it works fine.

Am I missing out on a setting that disables the inspector following track selection or something?

Edited by Wong Jian Ming

There's a difference between track selection and putting a track in focus

Clicking a track's number field selects the track and changes the focus to that track.

Now you can change the focus to another track without selecting this other track by clicking in the Tracks Pane area e.g. Track Name field, Track Icon, blank area, etc.

The Inspector always shows the track in focus (which is not necassarily the selected track).

6 hours ago, Klaus said:

There's a difference between track selection and putting a track in focus

Clicking a track's number field selects the track and changes the focus to that track.

Now you can change the focus to another track without selecting this other track by clicking in the Tracks Pane area e.g. Track Name field, Track Icon, blank area, etc.

The Inspector always shows the track in focus (which is not necassarily the selected track).

Thanks for the clarification. 

Either way my issue clearly shows that the inspector is also not showing the track that is in focus. 

UPDATE: Rolled back to previous version, no change.... reinstalled latest version, no change. I opened some other projects to check and the tracks I opened worked.....

hmmmmm....... I looked at everything I could possibly imagine, and I can't figure out why it is locked on a specific track in the inspector view, no matter which track I select. Strange.

Edited by Michayl Asaph Myers

Dang. You learn something new just about every day here. I’ve never found that menu either. Now I’ll have to add this to my Inspector tutorial. 
While making the video I poked around every little detail and most certainly found a few “ new” menus. Most I’ve  never  used and probably never will, but then how often does Left click do anything in software. 

• Like 1

The "L" is underlined which may suggest this but there's no keystroke for it in Preferences and I'm unable to activate it using different keystrokes.

May be better to have a "button" somewhere (for better access and status indication) instead of hiding it in a menu few know about.

Feature Request?