Not Deal - The Second Best Thing About This Forum

husker

2 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Before finding this group, I was a KVR junkie. But it was so toxic at times, I just did not have the nerve to post much there. Here at least, when you upset someone, there is still the possibility of coming out the other end with your sanity intact and relationships restored. Not to say there haven't been the good popcorn moments here and there.

The only solution I can see to controlling my GAS is to get my wife to join this group. There is absolutely no way I am going to suggest that to her.

I was a KVR regular in the early days. I actually made some real life friends I visited on three continents  that I met at KVR. But I got sick of the regular trolling and mean-spirited  folks that were becoming  more frequent there and these days I'm mainly here and stop at VI Control (which has some regulars that  can be clickish,  arrogant  and toxic at times) once in a while. Social media has already become so toxic from people who hold extremist positions but have no understanding of political ideology  or policy, this forum is my break from that (I'm stuck dealing with mainstream social media  as  dot com, business owner; hence why I'm vocal when folks start injecting politics into this forum -- that can only diminish what makes this forum so pleasant). 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I like how you can say "Not Deal" when posting in the Deals forum and that makes it okay,

I think most of  us regulars  are prone to tangents. Hopefully we can all agree that friendly tangents showing gratitude are  cool with all of us even though they're clearly not in sync with the forum rules. 

Just now, abacab said:

There's rules? 😉

Seriously,  does  anyone administrate  this forum? Every once in a while I  see one of Larry's threads marked  delete and I assume that someone eventually deletes them,  but it seems pretty quiet for a forum. Also,  if there is someone  I'd  love it if they  could  fix the glitch that results in some of our real names being  displayed from time to time. I know I'm not the only one it happens to because I've seem Larry mention that it happens to him too. 

10 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Seriously,  does  anyone administrate  this forum? Every once in a while I  see one of Larry's threads marked  delete and I assume that someone eventually deletes them,  but it seems pretty quiet for a forum. Also,  if there is someone  I'd  love it if they  could  fix the glitch that results in some of our real names being  displayed from time to time. I know I'm not the only one it happens to because I've seem Larry mention that it happens to him too. 

What? Your real name is not PavlovsCat?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Nah. 
One does not delete a royal post. 
Only Larry does. 

38 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

This forum is moderated just like the old forum.

Most of the old forum mods are mods in this forum along with a couple of additions when this forum was started.

I delete a lot of threads marked for deletion.

The name change thing is something running in the background. I have no idea what triggers it.