Not Deal - The Second Best Thing About This Forum

husker

Just now, InstrEd said:

Seven of Nine struggled but she managed to get out 😆  

Okay the rest of us are a pretty weak bunch of characters :D  Where did I put my wallet?

Loqutus got out too...but he was the Captain - wouldn't have been much of a series left if he didn't...LOL

• Like 4

I’m a long timer. My miles have varied. So many posts and good fun.

I have to say I’ve never laughed so much as when years ago Kenny posted a German war scene depicting Larry when Larry had gone on one of his breaks.  Kenny subtitled in with many of our forum members the dialog between the German generals. It was hysterical!

I wish it was findable to repost. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Anyone remember when Cakewalk moved from Usenet to a web forum?  It use to be a nasty place. I remember a guy got torched for saying he didn't like the GUI of Sonar 6 and was done with them.  The reputation made ti KVR as one person made a statement, "they got a beatdown Sonar style".   

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ZincT said:

In January this year, after a very heavy bout of GAS over last year's BF/Christmas, I decided to try not looking at the Deals Forum for a while to see if my GAS situation improved.

I may need to the same thing this upcoming year to avoid further temptation, as I took advantage of too many sales and group buys all year long.

It may take me a year to digest my 2021 acquisitions, LOL!!! Thanks Larry and Family!!! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

Cakewalk, to me, is the best DAW, aesthetically, on the market!  And the Skylight interface,
again, to me, is the way a DAW should work.  I came from Cubase to Sonar X1, and ever since
then, Cakewalk, has been my main DAW.  It just seems "logical" to me...and I have Pro Tools,
Samplitude, Reaper, Mixbus 32C, Mixbus, Mixcraft Pro, Acid Pro, Sound Forge Pro...blah blah
blah.  They all do basically "the same thing"...it's just "how they get there" that's different.

To me, Cakewalk just "makes sense" but YMMV

BS.. everybody knows that ProTools sounds better 😝

(don't kill me, I'm joking 😅)

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

Cakewalk, to me, is the best DAW, aesthetically, on the market!  And the Skylight interface,
again, to me, is the way a DAW should work.  I came from Cubase to Sonar X1, and ever since
then, Cakewalk, has been my main DAW.  It just seems "logical" to me...and I have Pro Tools,
Samplitude, Reaper, Mixbus 32C, Mixbus, Mixcraft Pro, Acid Pro, Sound Forge Pro...blah blah
blah.  They all do basically "the same thing"...it's just "how they get there" that's different.

I made a project in Sonar 2/Gigastudio.  I somehow lost the midi files and only have the tracks left. I'm trying to resurrect the midi from audio.  The drawback is the notation editor just sucks.  They also need to make the grid lines longer for measures when editing.

I find most modern DAWs annoying with the docking, undocking.  I know these were meant for laptop users and multiple screens.   Sonar 2 was my favorite.

I like watching the Creative Sauce guy on youtube for Cakewalk. 

I have all of the versions of Sonar but skipped 6. 

4 hours ago, Pollux said:

BS.. everybody knows that ProTools sounds better 😝

(don't kill me, I'm joking 😅)

I can't remember which DAW it was, but there was a claim from a user on the old forums that that DAW sounded around 40% better; not quite sure how this measurement was qualified though. 😁

More on topic - I completely agree that this forum is a great place with lots of people willing to share tips, tricks, and other information. I joined a few years ago now, because I didn't have the first clue about how to process audio or what plugins (in general) did. I like to think I'm (just a little bit) wiser now - thanks everyone!

6 hours ago, cclarry said:

Nice to see. I was starting to think that I was the only one left in this sub-forum still using  Cakewalk!  I mean, I remember when everyone was getting Studio One. I bought the premium version but never used it -- and now Presounus is the company being bought. 

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

Nice to see. I was starting to think that I was the only one left in this sub-forum still using  Cakewalk!  I mean, I remember when everyone was getting Studio One. I bought the premium version but never used it -- and now Presounus is the company being bought. 

I always thought going from Sonar to S1 was an easier transition,

Before finding this group, I was a KVR junkie. But it was so toxic at times, I just did not have the nerve to post much there. Here at least, when you upset someone, there is still the possibility of coming out the other end with your sanity intact and relationships restored. Not to say there haven't been the good popcorn moments here and there.

The only solution I can see to controlling my GAS is to get my wife to join this group. There is absolutely no way I am going to suggest that to her.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

So glad to see this forum and Cakewalk is still going strong after the darkness of the Gibson debacle.

Having to start finding and learning new DAWs to replace Sonar was a miserable experience.

Although I did end up adopting Reason, but not as a replacement. It turned out to be an excellent extension of Cakewalk when used as a plugin.

I always start my music tech browsing from here. And without the lens this forum provides I could not process what seems like an unfeasible amount of music software out there.

Cakewalk seems to be now better than ever.  Many of the new versions have done away with some of the annoying quirks that Sonar had.

The spirit of this forum is excellent

• Like 1

I came to the older Cakewalk site around 2013 after getting X2 (at least that's the oldest reply I got from Cakewalk customer service) and discovered this forum. What kept me here was the overall good humor and respect from all the participants and, of course, the avalanche of good deals from Larry.

Of course, all this years brought not only lots of good information and friendship but also some of the collateral damages others have reported. You know what I mean...

image.png.8466382edfb12e6dd57ff38c36f1b14d.png

Edited by Sergio
  • Haha 1