audio snap problem preventing me from saving project

LNovik@aol.com

Question

I've been working for awhile on a  project/song. I recently moved some audio data over (to the left or right); perhaps I "stretched" it instead of moving it. Now when I try to save the file as a Bundle file, I get this error message:

Projects containing AudioSnap markers or time stretched data cannot be saved in the bundle file format.

For archival purposes you may save as a per-project audio file. 

Alternatively, please "bounce to clip" all relevant AudioSnap clips before saving as a bundle.

SO..., for the past hour, I've been bouncing (to clips) everything in site. I've even expanded the clip to see if I've missed anything, but I can't find anything---not that I really completely know what the hell I'm looking for. Can anyone tell me how I can find and then bounce the problem that's blocking me from saving this. The file does have MIDI and AUDIO. I'd be happy to save in another format, if I won't lose any data.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I'd be happy to copy perhaps just the audio data and post it if someone might be able to examine it more intelligently than I can do myself.

LNovik

4 answers to this question

Well the solution is obvious. Just save it as a Normal file. Bundles have a history of becoming corrupted and are designed from the old days before hi bandwidth internet for sharing files,, not archiving.  CWP files have proven to be future proof. I have files from 2006 that still open. 

Storage is cheap so there's not much gained buy compressing your finely crafted audio tracks. 

If the project plays fine why worry about saving a few MB over a file format that has a history of going corrupt. 

I am not sure bundles corrupt at a rate higher than any other large riff files however, when they get corrupted the project is lost. One can recover the audio, but it is a real PITA.

The bundling process does not compress the data. It just concatenates the project file with the audio clips.

I have not used bundles much since per-project audio folders were introduced 17 years ago.

I use BUN files to copy projects to a second machine that has a different file directory structure.

Question: If I zip up the project folder (including the per project audio and other subfolders) and unzip it somewhere else on the target machine, will it work? That is, does the CWB file reference its audio files relative to the directory the CWB file is in, or does it use absolute file paths?

36 minutes ago, John Bradley said:

If I zip up the project folder (including the per project audio and other subfolders) and unzip it somewhere else on the target machine, will it work? That is, does the CWB file reference its audio files relative to the directory the CWB file is in

Yes

Test it for yourself using Save As or Save Copy As with "Copy all audio with project" enabled.

• Like 1