AudioSnap Beat Markers

spiffo

Hi, I am trying to use AudioTransients and Beat Markers to match the Project Tempo to that of an Audio Clip that wasn't recorded with any Click Track as far as I can tell.

The issue is that the very first Audio Transient of the Song is actually on the 2 of the Bar and not the 1. So when I look at the Audio Transients it places the 0:1 Beat Marker on this very first Audio Transient, and try as I might I cannot work out how to stop it doing this.

I cannot move the 0:1 Beat Marker to the start as there is no Audio Transient there, so I tried inserting an Audio Transient by ALT + Left Clicking but The Beat Marker will not move to that either, it's just locked in place on the very first Audio Transient no matter what I try!

This is a long shot, but do you have snap-to-grid enabled? More than once, I have tried to move transient markers while forgetting that I had snap-to-grid set to Measure. I wasn't moving far enough to get to the next snap point. After turning off snap, I could move the markers where I wanted.

Nice try but that doesn't seem to be it.

The only thing I can think to do is to add a short Transient Audio Clip to the front of the original in place of the missing 1 just so I can get the Tempo Map correct then remove it at the end?

It shouldn't be this difficult?

Edited by spiffo

OK, I pasted a Drum Sample right into the Original Audio on Beat no.1 and now I can line the Beat Markers up in the correct places, when I've fixed the Project Tempo I'll remove it.

I've started using the AudioSnap Dialogue a fair amount recently having never ever gone anywhere near it and I have to say it's a bit quirky!

2 other issues I had were:

1    No Beat Markers appearing at all until I dragged the start of the Audio Clip off the beginning of the Project Timeline. There was only silence there but drag it to the start and Beat Markers do not appear, drag the Audio Clip start to just before the first bit of audio and voila Beat Markers appear?

2    Beat Markers will not move. Select the wrong Tempo in the AudioSnap Window or what it thinks is the wrong tempo and all the Beat Markers are locked into position and won't move. Choose the Project Tempo or something close and voila, now you can move them?

All a bit weird?

• 6 months later...

ever solve number 2 - beat markers won't move? It seems extremely finicky, sometimes works, but now in a track I was working on completely locked up. Normally I just use SHIFT M to match project tempo to an audio file, but I wanted to try the method using beat markers. Just doesn't work at all. I've tried all the tricks of adding, moving, disabling transients. I figure there's a reason when these markers won't move but can't figure it out. I'll stick with my own method.

Edited by Scott Kendrick