MIDI To Audio Bounce Cuts Short

musikman1

Hi

I remember running into this a long time ago, and can't remember what the fix was, but I think it was simple.

I'm using a VST synth to make very short recordings (for phone ring tones) which end up being only a couple measures in length.  Some synth sounds I use have an audible trail off FX that continue to sound and slowly fade off even after releasing the key on my controller keyboard.  When I use Bounce To Tracks to bounce the MIDI track to Audio, it cuts off that audio trail off, and the sound ends abruptly on the audio clip.  You can visibly see that the bounced audio clip length ends exactly at the same length as the MIDI clip ends.

This is frustrating to say the least. I'm pretty sure there is an easy settings fix, I just can't remember and haven't been able to find it!  Any help appreciated if you know why this is happening.  Thanks, much appreciated

MM

Funny you mention that Eric, ....right after I posted here I went back to see if the same thing would happen if I freeze a track, and found that freezing the track did pick up the entire trail of the midi clip. Thanks for the reply, your suggestion gave me a temporary work around that I can use for this particular application.

However, I'm still in need of a more permanent solution for the Bounce To Tracks option though, because if it's going to do that when I'm bouncing longer music tracks or multiple midi tracks, it's still going to continue to pose an issue for me. Hopefully someone has the answer to that soon.

• Like 1

Hey guys, thanks for jumping in here with those solutions! Both of them worked just fine. In the Bounce To Track dialog in the time drop down I clicked on the three dots (...) next to "end" and selected "loop end", which extended it. I also tried bitflipper's suggestion of just dragging the midi clip which gave me the same result.  Simple solutions I didn't know about and for some reason couldn't find in my searches. I also don't remember solving it this way the last time, which was many versions ago, just glad to have the solution. 

Thanks again for being so generous with your time and knowledge. As always the good people that have made up this forum for many years, came through with the answers again, regardless if the problem is a complicated one, or a simple one such as this one.  I'm proud to be a part of this community.

Edited by musikman1