Terrible audio quality of 32-bit plugs in 64-bit Sonar (any)

MagBass

I'm running 64-bit CBB but this also applies to SPlat and X3.  I almost never use 32-bit plugins, but there's the occasional plug that doesn't have a 64-bit version.  I've noticed that 32-bit plugs, both instruments and effects, have noticeably awful audio quality on my system, including clicks and pops.  I have my ASIO buffer size set to 512 bytes; I'm not sure if this is effecting the bitbridge function or not.  (I know little about bitbridge; it is set to the default settings.)  The clicks in the audio are of a cycling nature.  I tried setting the buffer to 1024 and 128 and the speed of the clicks slowed down and sped up, respectively.  I don't know what else I can change.

Is there anything I can do to improve the audio quality when using 32-bit plugs?

Edited by MagBass

You've not mentioned anything about your setup, so assuming you're PC is a half decent spec...

I find JBridge works far better than BitBridge for most 32 bit plugins, it's only It's only €14.99, and has far more options for tweaking: https://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/

Once you've installed it, the easiest way to use it is to enable the "Use JBridge Wrapper" option within the plugin properties within Cakewalk.

• Great Idea 1