Minoan Bull Vaulters

TracingArcs

I know some Minoan history and have always found the bull leaping particularly fascinating, and this soundtrack for that is really wonderful. There can be 5 or so elements going on at once, and I can hear them all cleanly in the mix. Plus the rhythm pulses along, infectious.

I think you cleared the bull and stuck the landing.

• Like 2

Hello TracingArcs....very, very well done....completely transportive in a cinematic way, when i closed my eyes i was back in ancient Greece on an island overlooking the sea....if you have time, a question, please, did you play the percussion live using pads???? sorry if it's a dumb question but i'm still new to this DAW stuff 👍🎼🥁🎹

• Like 1

Thanks Larry. Appreciated. I actually spent a few years writing background music for a small video company that did travel-vlogs about Crete and other Greek Islands. And used by the Greek tourist board.

The percussion is half and half live loops I made (Using Sitala the free sampler) using my own samples, played in on my keyboard . About five variations with frame drums of various pitches and bass drums.Then made into midi clips, and pasted across the timeline. And free Kontakt loops with the Splash Sound free percussion elements 1. And some loops from the Middle East Kontakt instrument from NI. I always mix loops with live playing. It adds a degree of "oops that was human" to things.

• Thanks 1