Uninstalling CA-2A

Be Yourself

Hi.

I am on a new Mac M1 and the new mac does not validates the CA-2A. I t also does nor sohows up in the components folder. The cakewalk installing software does not provides an unistall option. Can someone please tell me how to erase the CA-2A component from the MAC?

Cheers

A.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-05 um 11.51.54.png

The CA-2A is a legacy plug in now and the development of the plugin ceased in 2017, so it is incompatible with the new Apple silicon chip (M1).  It does continue to work fine in Macs with Intel chips and PC's running Windows up to Windows 10.

You can uninstall the plugin on the Mac just by simply deleting the .vst file itself.  There may be a graphic leftover but the main component itself can be moved to the trash bin.

6 hours ago, Be Yourself said:

The problem is the AU component is not visible in the component folder, and there is no uninstall application

The question is how to make it visible.

Having AUs leftovers on the HD can LogicX casue to crash, I want to get rid of this.

CA-2A is not an AU component.  It is strictly VST which should be located within the .vst directory.  I am not familiar with the latest system file hierarchy on the Mac so I cannot direct you to the .vst directory here.

Also to note;  Macs OS does not utilize "uninstallers" like Windows does.  On a Mac, one just simply drags the app to the trash to delete it from the system.  You will not find an uninstaller for CA-2A like you would on a Windows computer.

Edited by Clovis Ramsay

On 12/6/2021 at 7:46 AM, Clovis Ramsay said:

CA-2A is not an AU component.  It is strictly VST which should be located within the .vst directory.  I am not familiar with the latest system file hierarchy on the Mac so I cannot direct you to the .vst directory here.

Also to note;  Macs OS does not utilize "uninstallers" like Windows does.  On a Mac, one just simply drags the app to the trash to delete it from the system.  You will not find an uninstaller for CA-2A like you would on a Windows computer.

Thats not right it has been an AU too and worked fine in LogicX for years.

And no...  we also have unistaller apps on Mac to I use macs since 1996...

Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-07 um 14.38.38.png

Edited by Be Yourself

33 minutes ago, Be Yourself said:

Thats not right it has been an AU too and worked fine in LogicX for years.

And no...  we also have unistaller apps on Mac to I use macs since 1996...

I apologize if my understanding and being a Mac owner for the last 5 years is just to insufficient to be of any help to you.  There are some things I do know for certain though and that is that LogicX uses VST plug ins far more than AU plugins just because ever since Mac started using Intel chips, manufacturers no longer HAD to design an AU version of their plug in.   Regardless if you have either or, you have not made it clear whether or not you have found the VST directory on your Mac to see if the CA-2A was installed there.  

Also, the installer was designed to install onto Windows 10 & MacOS Sierra ran by Intel chips.  As someone who is an owner of plugins, I assume you have been too busy to have noticed all of the plugin developers having to scramble to develop their plugins to be compatible with the new Apple Silicon M1 chip and the OS it operates with, lets say the last entire year??  If the greatest plugin developers on earth had to spend 6 months to make their plugins compatible for the new Mac, then a plugin that hasnt been in development for the last 4 years is certainly going to fail and the installers are going to dump the plugin in a place that it isn't designed to install it into.  

good day.

Sorry to say but no again the path is exactly the same as with the Intell Macs.

ARM is just a diffrent way to calcualte things, it does not mean that OSX is no loger OSX.

I just can hope that someone knows the answer why some AUs are not showing up in the folder and cant be erased.

On 12/5/2021 at 5:52 AM, Be Yourself said:

I am on a new Mac M1 and the new mac does not validates the CA-2A

Why did you install an obsolete plugin on a new M1 Mac? 

That plug-in was discontinued a few years ago when Cakewalk went out of business, so there is no way it will ever be M1 compatible. I'm not a Mac user, but it sounds like you may need some Mac tech support to help you clean it up.