Fuzzy/blurry fx bin flyout menu font

tunes4days

For kicks I compaired Roboto-regular.ttf to XSRoboto-regular.ttf and there is a slight difference. I assume the XS variant is Cakewalk's version.

Subscription-based model: How would that work with a free program? As-is you don't have to update for it to continue working.

4 minutes ago, sjoens said:

For kicks I compaired Roboto-regular.ttf to XSRoboto-regular.ttf and there is a slight difference. I assume the XS variant is Cakewalk's version.

Subscription-based model: How would that work with a free program? As-is you don't have to update for it to continue working.

Thanks for checking that out!

At this point I'm assuming it is what it is wrt to the menus and that this may or may not change in the future.  As I mentioned in a previous post, I have an extensive software background and I personally just have a hard time understanding how something like this makes it through for such a polished application.  I really do.  Others can think what they may or disagree as they see fit.  Yes, I understand that CW is free though.

RE: subscription model... understood that you don't need to upgrade and can continue to use an existing version for as long as you like.  That's a great thing!  I was suggesting that a subscription model could be applied to a more rigorously tested, stable release channel and not that your software would expire at some point in time if  you didn't continue to subscribe.  The subscription model would just provide continued access to future updates via this channel.  A subscription model allows for much more predictable and stable revenue stream with which to work vs one-time lump-sum payments.

What I'd REALLY enjoy seeing would the project be open-sourced, but not necessarily open-community.  Bandlab maintains full control over new features, enhancements, and builds and releases to the public much like with Android from Google, but you can have access to the code to build and or modify yourself if you'd like to.  In the end I doubt that will ever happen though since Bandlab did ultimately have to pay for the IP from Gibson and I'm guessing that it was not small change.

24 minutes ago, sjoens said:

4 hours ago, tunes4days said:

TBH, I wish Bandlab would launch a subscription-based model . . . .  Keep the free releases for testing out new UX elements/changes, new features, etc. . . . [emphasis added]

The way I read the post, the TBH was for the implementation of a paid subscription.   

On 12/6/2021 at 11:11 AM, paulo said:

I see the OP's point.  Looking on my laptop (win 8.1) whatever font they now use for the menus does seem to manage the quite unusual feat of being both bigger yet also less clear. First time that I've even looked at them TBH and it does seem a bit like change for the sake of change rather than an improvement.

It was changed due to a bug in Windows menus limiting the number of menu items, meaning that not all scanned plugins would be available on the menu (it would only show around 1200 and ignore the rest). It not only affected the menus, it also affected the browser.