Stuff to remove from Komplete

kitekrazy

I have the previous version. I don't even know what the new version is.

What stuff have your removed?

I'm looking for advice on removing some of their pianos.  I'll keep the Giant, Una Corda and Alicia Keys.

I'm not sure The Maverick, Gentlemen, Granduer are really needed.

I'm not really into elaborate pianos anymore and prefer smaller size since I still load from a HDD.

I've removed most of the Abbey Road libraries and Scarbee Keys.

I still keep the whole thing around in case I decide to use the lesser used things at some point. Just bought the update to 12 mainly for the acoustic guitar and a few other things I didn't have. I know 13 is out and no, I'm not superstitious. I just didn't see the need for 13 at this time.

This is all opinion and only what I think.

I believe NI would have fared better overall if they had simply sold updated versions of Kontakt with their basic factory library. Then they could sell the rest separately. So much of it does go unused on a lot of systems I believe.

If however, someone wants a well rounded loaded bunch of different options and has no issue with keeping large sample sets on disk then updating the program every few years or maybe a bit longer might make sense on a deal. Certainly not worth the full retail asking price for most looking to update an existing Komplete version.

I am becoming more of a sample library snob because simply grabbing all of the best deals with no real thought as to what they do or how I might use them wastes valuable space. I've pretty much figured out what I really need by now and I'm WAY beyond that as I type this.

Edited by Tim Smith