Morten Saether

[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.12 Early Access [Updated to Build 93]

28 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

Thanks for the feedback.
I understood your view, but in my view I think it should act like this:

1) Is the user using a Custom Menu?
2) Yes! Then run these filters on the Custom Menu.
3) No! So run these filters on plugins in general.

It's a matter of the "Business Rule" of the application.

In my way of perceiving usability, I think it should be that way. If not, let's follow what is parameterized.

As I said, it's just a suggestion from my point of view.
]

(2) This is the part that doesn't make sense - how do you apply them?  You've already applied filters (your custom ones).

Nested Folders:

When a nested folder contains a mix of archived and un-archived tracks, the status indicator of the container folder fails to indicate this.

(second image shows the status when soloed tracks are present)

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Edited by Andres Medina

24 minutes ago, Kevin Perry said:

(2) This is the part that doesn't make sense - how do you apply them?  You've already applied filters (your custom ones).

That's just what I'm talking about. I never applied filters to Custom Menus because they only run on all plugins.
If they existed, I would too.
Hug.

Just now, Milton Sica said:

That's just what I'm talking about. I never applied filters to Custom Menus because they only run on all plugins.
If they existed, I would too.
Hug.

Maybe we're talking at cross purposes, but the "filters" you've applied are your custom menu "filters".

3 minutes ago, Kevin Perry said:

Maybe we're talking at cross purposes, but the "filters" you've applied are your custom menu "filters".

IT'S.
When I talk about running filters when there is a Custom Menu in use, I'm talking about these options.

image.png.473d4a45b9e7c426010b5b0d36262377.png

13 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

IT'S.
When I talk about running filters when there is a Custom Menu in use, I'm talking about these options.

image.png.473d4a45b9e7c426010b5b0d36262377.png

Those are not filters, they are layouts just like user created layouts except they are automatically created and maintained by the DAW.

59 minutes ago, scook said:

Those are not filters, they are layouts just like user created layouts except they are automatically created and maintained by the DAW.

Thanks. I think it would be a good evolution if they acted on what the user has configured.

4 hours ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

Something is crashing when you're exporting then. Can you try setting the ExceptionHandlingSeverity to 7 in the Initialization File section of the Preferences and see if you can capture a dump file for when it crashes? 

I don't know if that could be it, but I see the exported file is generated.
It is after its generation (in the plugin reflushing (???)) there seems to be the memory crash that starts with the DLL

CJLIBRARY.DLL

* * * Exception Analysis

* * * ******************************************************************************* ***

WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for CJLibrary.dll *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for MODO BASS.vst3 *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for Transient x64.dll *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for CWVideoEngine.dll *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for BitBridge.dll *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for Ozone 9 Elements.vst3 *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for PCS-GlossEQM.dll

I did the tests in several projects and sent the DUMP of the problem.

Hope I have helped in some "light" on the solution.

4 hours ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

Apologies, I end up looking at a bunch of projects and it slipped my mind. It did open fine for me in the latest versions, I'm not sure why it would be have any differently in 2021.09 vs 2021.11/12 as there weren't any dramatic changes that would have necessarily impacted that. 

No problem, if you have the possibility, install version 2021.11 on a newly formatted computer, and try to open the project I sent.

When version 2021.11 was released, I had upgraded from 2021.09, the projects opened normally, however, as soon as I formatted my computer, and installed Cakewalk again using the full installer provided in Bandlab Assistant, the projects didn't open , after several attempts and several computer formatting, I asked Mark for the 2021.09 version installer again, and the projects then reopened without any problem.

That's why I said that for me, empirically speaking, the problem is not in the updated or uninstall of one version and the installation of another one, but rather, in the clean installation after formatting the computer.

On 12/4/2021 at 12:19 AM, Morten Saether said:

Inconsistent selection recall on Export Task recall

I've noticed this issue with task recall, not sure if this is expected behavior:

So basically I've got a task setup to export a certain time selection for the entire mix. However, if i make some new cuts on a clip, those clips with the new cuts wont have any sound. See my video below which shows this behavior.

If this is the expected behavior, then it kind of doesn't make sense that everytime I make a new cut I have to recreate a new task to include the new clips. Is there a way to create a task recall that always renders out everything in that time selection?

11 minutes ago, Wong Jian Ming said:

I've noticed this issue with task recall, not sure if this is expected behavior:

So basically I've got a task setup to export a certain time selection for the entire mix. However, if i make some new cuts on a clip, those clips with the new cuts wont have any sound. See my video below which shows this behavior.

If this is the expected behavior, then it kind of doesn't make sense that everytime I make a new cut I have to recreate a new task to include the new clips. Is there a way to create a task recall that always renders out everything in that time selection?

I solved this problem by exporting as ENTIRE PROJECT. So far I have not lost any records.

Maybe this could be useful for you too now.

1 minute ago, Milton Sica said:

I solved this problem by exporting as ENTIRE PROJECT. So far I have not lost any records.

Maybe this could be useful for you too now.

Thanks for the tip but it won't exactly work for me as I do have an entire album worth of songs in a single project file.

So I wanna use task recall to export each song in the same project as its own audio file. 

3 minutes ago, Wong Jian Ming said:

Thanks for the tip but it won't exactly work for me as I do have an entire album worth of songs in a single project file.

So I wanna use task recall to export each song in the same project as its own audio file. 

I think it's very similar to what I do with my productions.

Export the wav of individual projects.
I open another project that I call Masterização.cwp.
I import the Wavs and make final corrections to it.
In this Masterização.CWP project I have 2 tasks that generate wav and mp3 and they are the same for everyone.
These tasks were configured to assemble the name of the final files using what is contained in Project Notes.
So I just change the names in that field.

image.thumb.png.9de7069a938a778be692839c94316b6a.png

1 hour ago, Wong Jian Ming said:

As soon as you make a time selection, you get a tracks/clips selection.   As it's perfectly valid to also save a task with unselected clips,  the task only renders clips that were selected at that time.

So you've two choices:
1. Have no selection (i.e. Entire Project range)
2. Have the selection, but before exporting:
-  Recall the task
-  Uncheck, then re-check your tracks  ( you can uncheck/check all tracks by CTRL + SHIFT clicking on one of the tracks). This refreshes the selection to include your new clips.
- Update the task to save the new selection

On 12/6/2021 at 4:59 PM, Andres Medina said:

Nested Folders:

When a nested folder contains a mix of archived and un-archived tracks, the status indicator of the container folder fails to indicate this.

(second image shows the status when soloed tracks are present)

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

This has been fixed for the next drop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I see if it would be possible and opportune to insert in the next version that the export parameters when using tasks were updated according to their execution?

image.png.28dccc99c93f8372433d40fe919f81e7.png

"Please test Region FX clips with Melodyne, elastique time stretching and verify that VST3 plug-in operations work normally."

Melodyne: I still have to click on the clip to get the blobs to show up but Melodyne is otherwise working.

Elastique: Time stretch and compress appear to be working.

Melodyne VST: No clue how to work it or what would be correct! It transfers and draws so ...

Edited by Terry Kelley
  • Thanks 1

This is great, love the nested folders...finally !  Thanks team. I will test them to destruction on the next couple of tracks.

I think someone else mentioned it but a visual indication that a folder contains sub folders would be a nice to have when the folder is collapsed.  

image.png.c82be2f6b86958839c7a6d6d71fff651.png