Jump to content
Morten Saether

[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.12 Early Access [Updated to Build 93]

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Wong Jian Ming said:

I've noticed this issue with task recall, not sure if this is expected behavior:

So basically I've got a task setup to export a certain time selection for the entire mix. However, if i make some new cuts on a clip, those clips with the new cuts wont have any sound. See my video below which shows this behavior.

If this is the expected behavior, then it kind of doesn't make sense that everytime I make a new cut I have to recreate a new task to include the new clips. Is there a way to create a task recall that always renders out everything in that time selection?

 

As soon as you make a time selection, you get a tracks/clips selection.   As it's perfectly valid to also save a task with unselected clips,  the task only renders clips that were selected at that time.

So you've two choices:
1. Have no selection (i.e. Entire Project range)
2. Have the selection, but before exporting:
-  Recall the task
-  Uncheck, then re-check your tracks  ( you can uncheck/check all tracks by CTRL + SHIFT clicking on one of the tracks). This refreshes the selection to include your new clips.
- Update the task to save the new selection
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2021 at 4:59 PM, Andres Medina said:

Nested Folders:

When a nested folder contains a mix of archived and un-archived tracks, the status indicator of the container folder fails to indicate this.

(second image shows the status when soloed tracks are present)

 

 

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

This has been fixed for the next drop.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Please test Region FX clips with Melodyne, elastique time stretching and verify that VST3 plug-in operations work normally."

Melodyne: I still have to click on the clip to get the blobs to show up but Melodyne is otherwise working.

Elastique: Time stretch and compress appear to be working.

Melodyne VST: No clue how to work it or what would be correct! It transfers and draws so ...

Edited by Terry Kelley
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is great, love the nested folders...finally !  Thanks team. I will test them to destruction on the next couple of tracks.

I think someone else mentioned it but a visual indication that a folder contains sub folders would be a nice to have when the folder is collapsed.  

image.png.c82be2f6b86958839c7a6d6d71fff651.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Terry Kelley said:

"Please test Region FX clips with Melodyne, elastique time stretching and verify that VST3 plug-in operations work normally."

Melodyne: I still have to click on the clip to get the blobs to show up but Melodyne is otherwise working.

Elastique: Time stretch and compress appear to be working.

Melodyne VST: No clue how to work it or what would be correct! It transfers and draws so ...

Melodyne VST working fine here.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sensacional!
Porém, ao exportar o projeto em multipista, os efeitos contidos nos barramento como: reverb, plate e outros não são exportados.
por exemplo: se eu quero exportar indo em : exportar > áudio e aqui deixar da seguinte forma:
FILE TYPE - mp3
FORMATO DO CANAL - acompanhar fonte
CATEGORIA DA FONTE - pistas

dessa forma, os FX que estão no barramento não serão exportados

 

cake.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, CANAL DO PLAYBACK 1 said:

sensacional!
Porém, ao exportar o projeto em multipista, os efeitos contidos nos barramento como: reverb, plate e outros não são exportados.
por exemplo: se eu quero exportar indo em : exportar > áudio e aqui deixar da seguinte forma:
FILE TYPE - mp3
FORMATO DO CANAL - acompanhar fonte
CATEGORIA DA FONTE - pistas

dessa forma, os FX que estão no barramento não serão exportados

 

 

Exporting using a source category of "Tracks" will export the audio of each track before it goes through any buses.

If you want the bus effects as well, use a source category of "Tracks through Entire Mix"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really the subfolders. Definitely helps with organizing tracks! It appears the Vertical Zoom function is not working on the Folders and Sub Folders. I don't know if that was intentional.

Thanks

Roc

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, rocstudio said:

I really the subfolders. Definitely helps with organizing tracks! It appears the Vertical Zoom function is not working on the Folders and Sub Folders. I don't know if that was intentional.

Thanks

Roc

 

AFAIK vertical zoom has never affected folder height.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2021 at 5:19 PM, Morten Saether said:
  • Export Audio dialog:
    • Add keyboard navigation support

 

Fantastic, thanks for listening. 😃 Really looking forward to this usability enhancement!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would You Please do Something About Auto Tune Crashing While working? Thats sooooo anoyingg most of the time i crash on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Herbert Miron said:

It would be great if you could include folders in the Console View, it would help a lot with the flow of the mix.

+1 for folders in the Console View. Hope you can include this in the next update release. I appreciate all the work you guys put in this DAW. 

  • Like 3
  • Great Idea 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upc0mming Build Release ;   Being a "FREE" t0p 0f the line DAW, any Update is greatly appreciated and graci0usly accepted. Y0ur gener0sity t0 the freelance-artist c0mmmunity is unparalleled.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Sincerely,..CLT

Edited by Colin Lee Colenzo T
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have issues when drawing really long midi notes in piano roll (lights Programming) it seems to stop responding after a certain length of note.

Thanks .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...