Jump to content
Morten Saether

[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.12 Early Access [Updated to Build 93]

Recommended Posts

Now that the Bakers added nested folders I think the only major need  for me would  be a chord track.    Staff view I have come to terms with.

Thanks Cakewalk for really concentrating on the behind the scenes improvements.

 

Peace.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

Thanks for this update! I just found out that when I empty a plugin category by moving all its plugins to another category, the category subsists, and there's no way to remove the category from the list.

As you can see from the attached screenshots, the categories in my list is growing (even the old, unused ones, and those with typo are still there), and choosing a category for my new plugins is becoming a bit more confusing.

Sorry if this is unrelated to the update. I just think it's good to address this in this update since it introduces organizing features.

Untitled2.png

Untitled.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2021 at 4:30 PM, Lord Tim said:

Nested folders! 😲 At last!

Are we sure this isn't a really late April Fools joke from the Bakers? 

Bakers I have been really good not naughty this year and these nested folders would be a nice Christmas Present ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When saving a template that has main folders color coded, the color is not reloaded properly when saving and reloading the template. The left portion of the track folder is not highlighted.

Colors on Save.png

Colors after reloading.png

Edited by Andres Medina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2021 at 11:35 AM, Milton Sica said:

My exports continue to close the application. The wav is generated, but the application closes.

Something is crashing when you're exporting then. Can you try setting the ExceptionHandlingSeverity to 7 in the Initialization File section of the Preferences and see if you can capture a dump file for when it crashes? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Milton Sica said:

Hello.
I have done this parameterization, but no dump file is generated.

The application closes in complete silence.

Does this happen in every project? For example, if you create a new project, import an audio file, then export just that, does the app shut down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was having problems with version 2021.11.018, when I loaded some project, the DAW just closed, I tried everything, I checked for problems with some plugins and nothing fixed. I formatted my computer and nothing solved, but when I installed version 2021.09.145, the issue has been resolved. There was some problem with the 2021.11.018 full installer so I will test the 2021.12 version but I will keep the 2021.09 installer just in case.

It would be interesting to test the full installer on some newly formatted PC, when updating the software it overwrites the already installed software or when uninstalling and re-installing the remnants of the previous installation remain in the registry.

When you format the PC, everything is clean, and when doing a clean install, if there is any problem it will show up, as it happened to me when I formatted my computer and did a clean install with the full installer, the problem then appeared when trying to open my projects in version 2021.11, I could only reopen my projects by installing version 2021.09.

Edited by Herbert Miron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Herbert Miron said:

I was having problems with version 2021.11.018, when I loaded some project, the DAW just closed, I tried everything, I checked for problems with some plugins and nothing fixed. I formatted my computer and nothing solved, but when I installed version 2021.09.145, the issue has been resolved. There was some problem with the 2021.11.018 full installer so I will test the 2021.12 version but I will keep the 2021.09 installer just in case.

It would be interesting to test the full installer on some newly formatted PC, when updating the software it overwrites the already installed software or when uninstalling and re-installing the remnants of the previous installation remain in the registry.

When you format the PC, everything is clean, and when doing a clean install, if there is any problem it will show up, as it happened to me when I formatted my computer and did a clean install with the full installer, the problem then appeared when trying to open my projects in version 2021.11, I could only reopen my projects by installing version 2021.09.

If you have a project that fails to open correctly, please send us a copy of it and we can investigate on our end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2021 at 11:34 AM, Milton Sica said:

 

From your post I stopped about the Menus functionalities and noticed that the Sorting operations by Category, Manufacturer and Type are not reflected if we have a custom Menu in use, but on the plugins as a whole.

image.png.8e427e80aa6e3f8fbbbd80cda931ca4f.png

I use a Custom Menu called Milton, but when using the Sorting options, instead of being reflected in this Menu, they are reflected on all Plugins.

 

image.png.75973646c92632a5b154de4f51a60654.png

I believe it would be better if these orderings are reflected in the Custom Menu we are using.

image.png.dae6bd4992711081a20897479f5debb2.png

I think these questions are old, but as we are in an evolution of usability then maybe it is time for these assessments.

 

This isn't ER related, but it works as expected: the custom menu you've made is exactly that, custom.  The others are essentially "shortcuts" to orderings that may be of general use.  There's no (obvious) way that the two can be merged as you are effectively already assigning a category when you create a custom menu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

If you have a project that fails to open correctly, please send us a copy of it and we can investigate on our end.

I had sent a copy of one of my projects to you and Mark, I tried every possible option, including formatting my computer and not installing any of the plugins, so that it would open the missing plugins window, and not even this window opened, the DAW simply closed.

I installed all the recommended redistributables, and nothing worked. So, to clear my doubts, I asked Mark to send the installer for version 2021.09.145, and bingo, my projects reopened normally. The problem in my case was the full installer of version 2021.11, when installing on the newly formatted computer, I wasn't accepting to open my projects saved in previous versions.

I will continue using version 2021.09.145, until the official release of 2021.12, then I will try to do a clean install of the new version.

Edited by Herbert Miron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

Thank you for your feedback, but I don't think you understand my point.

I understand that the options are shortcut, but should work on the Custom Menu when there is one configured for use by the user.

This is my best usability opinion.

As I tried to explain, that doesn't make "logical" (from a data point of view) sense.  You are defining the menu structure when you make a custom one, so applying a different ordering is contradictory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Herbert Miron said:

I had sent a copy of one of my projects to you and Mark, I tried every possible option, including formatting my computer and not installing any of the plugins, so that it would open the missing plugins window, and not even this window opened, the DAW simply closed.

I installed all the recommended redistributables, and nothing worked. So, to clear my doubts, I asked Mark to send the installer for version 2021.09.145, and bingo, my projects reopened normally. The problem in my case was the full installer of version 2021.11, when installing on the newly formatted computer, I wasn't accepting to open my projects saved in previous versions.

I will continue using version 2021.09.145, until the official release of 2021.12, then I will try to do a clean install of the new version.

Apologies, I end up looking at a bunch of projects and it slipped my mind. It did open fine for me in the latest versions, I'm not sure why it would be have any differently in 2021.09 vs 2021.11/12 as there weren't any dramatic changes that would have necessarily impacted that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

Thanks for the feedback.
I understood your view, but in my view I think it should act like this:

1) Is the user using a Custom Menu?
2) Yes! Then run these filters on the Custom Menu.
3) No! So run these filters on plugins in general.

It's a matter of the "Business Rule" of the application.

In my way of perceiving usability, I think it should be that way. If not, let's follow what is parameterized.

As I said, it's just a suggestion from my point of view.
]

(2) This is the part that doesn't make sense - how do you apply them?  You've already applied filters (your custom ones).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nested Folders:

When a nested folder contains a mix of archived and un-archived tracks, the status indicator of the container folder fails to indicate this.

(second image shows the status when soloed tracks are present)

 

 

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Edited by Andres Medina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Milton Sica said:

That's just what I'm talking about. I never applied filters to Custom Menus because they only run on all plugins.
If they existed, I would too.
Hug.

Maybe we're talking at cross purposes, but the "filters" you've applied are your custom menu "filters".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

IT'S.
When I talk about running filters when there is a Custom Menu in use, I'm talking about these options.

image.png.473d4a45b9e7c426010b5b0d36262377.png

Those are not filters, they are layouts just like user created layouts except they are automatically created and maintained by the DAW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

Apologies, I end up looking at a bunch of projects and it slipped my mind. It did open fine for me in the latest versions, I'm not sure why it would be have any differently in 2021.09 vs 2021.11/12 as there weren't any dramatic changes that would have necessarily impacted that. 

No problem, if you have the possibility, install version 2021.11 on a newly formatted computer, and try to open the project I sent.

When version 2021.11 was released, I had upgraded from 2021.09, the projects opened normally, however, as soon as I formatted my computer, and installed Cakewalk again using the full installer provided in Bandlab Assistant, the projects didn't open , after several attempts and several computer formatting, I asked Mark for the 2021.09 version installer again, and the projects then reopened without any problem.

That's why I said that for me, empirically speaking, the problem is not in the updated or uninstall of one version and the installation of another one, but rather, in the clean installation after formatting the computer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2021 at 12:19 AM, Morten Saether said:

Inconsistent selection recall on Export Task recall

I've noticed this issue with task recall, not sure if this is expected behavior:

So basically I've got a task setup to export a certain time selection for the entire mix. However, if i make some new cuts on a clip, those clips with the new cuts wont have any sound. See my video below which shows this behavior.

If this is the expected behavior, then it kind of doesn't make sense that everytime I make a new cut I have to recreate a new task to include the new clips. Is there a way to create a task recall that always renders out everything in that time selection?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Milton Sica said:

I solved this problem by exporting as ENTIRE PROJECT. So far I have not lost any records.

Maybe this could be useful for you too now.

Thanks for the tip but it won't exactly work for me as I do have an entire album worth of songs in a single project file.

So I wanna use task recall to export each song in the same project as its own audio file. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...