Morten Saether

[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.12 Early Access [Updated to Build 93]

Something seems to have changed when freezing a VSTi.  Instead of one contigious clip it's been split up every time ther's a some sort of gap . So this kick drum track ...

image.thumb.png.71dd86588f7b088d0e3fe11a95f948fd.png

Becomes this if frozen

image.thumb.png.bb880eaf89f58f8c45fba474cb16f623.png

Which is not very handy as I froze it to  enable me to zoom right in and align it exactly with the track below. So I tried selecting them all and using Bounce To Clip it didn't do anything and they remain fragmented.

Edited by Mark MoreThan-Shaw

This is a huge feature for me! The next step in my opinion is for the equivalent of Logic's track stacks to be implemented. I know people will say that you could just have an aux track inside of a track folder but in my opinion that gets messy quite quickly...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mark MoreThan-Shaw said:

Something seems to have changed when freezing a VSTi.  Instead of one contigious clip it's been split up every time ther's a some sort of gap . So this kick drum track ...

image.thumb.png.71dd86588f7b088d0e3fe11a95f948fd.png

Becomes this if frozen

image.thumb.png.bb880eaf89f58f8c45fba474cb16f623.png

Which is not very handy as I froze it to  enable me to zoom right in and align it exactly with the track below. So I tried selecting them all and using Bounce To Clip it didn't do anything and they remain fragmented.

I experienced a similar problem when freezing BASS MODE.

This happened to me at the beginning of the trail.

I decided to thaw and refreeze again.

I don't know if the bug is with the application or its relationship with the BASS MODE, but it's similar to yours.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Brendan McGeeney said:

This is a huge feature for me! The next step in my opinion is for the equivalent of Logic's track stacks to be implemented. I know people will say that you could just have an aux track inside of a track folder but in my opinion that gets messy quite quickly...

Hello. Are you referring to the suggestion of nesting folders to be mirrored in Console View or another suggestion?

**Mark MoreThan-Shaw and Milton Sica

Right-click on the freeze icon. Click freeze options. This is where remove silence is set. Uncheck if you don't want it.

Please add a sampler to Cakewalk. All users ask for it. It is very convenient, implement it like in Cubase, Ableton, Studio One. It's not so difficult, but it will greatly simplify the life of the arrangers. Thanks

1 hour ago, Max Arwood said:

**Mark MoreThan-Shaw and Milton Sica

Right-click on the freeze icon. Click freeze options. This is where remove silence is set. Uncheck if you don't want it.

Thanks, something must have changed in the defaults as it's always ignored any silence.