[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.12 Early Access [Updated to Build 93]

Morten Saether

7 minutes ago, Andres Medina said:

Herbert: for the first issue, I think that when you select ALL, the selection range begins in 00.00.00.00, so there is no room to move the selection left. For the layout your video shows, you could instead select the first clip, then Shift-Click the bottom clip to include all clips in the selection, then move your clips.

Or, use Select All and modify your time range with the handles on the time ruler. 

I don't think this is a bug.

13 minutes ago, Andres Medina said:

Herbert: for the first issue, I think that when you select ALL, the selection range begins in 00.00.00.00, so there is no room to move the selection left. For the layout your video shows, you could instead select the first clip, then Shift-Click the bottom clip to include all clips in the selection, then move your clips.

Or, use Select All and modify your time range with the handles on the time ruler. 

I don't think this is a bug.

Oh yes, I get it. When I select everything with Ctrl + A, the part with no information is also selected, which prevents the clips from being moved. But if I have more than one clip on each track, I'll have to select them one by one if I want to move them, or is there any way to select just the clips without having to shift the selection bar?

8 minutes ago, Herbert Miron said:

Oh yes, I get it. When I select everything with Ctrl + A, the part with no information is also selected, which prevents the clips from being moved. But if I have more than one clip on each track, I'll have to select them one by one if I want to move them, or is there any way to select just the clips without having to shift the selection bar?

I also ran into this recently but I don’t think it has anything to do with the Early Access as I’ve seen it earlier.

Any chance we can fix this so that if I do a CTRL A and want to drag everything to the left (like in the video) I can just easily do it without having to worry about any time selection ?

Since the update, I've been getting this alot when I open Cakewalk. Both of my MIDI devices don't load with "There is not enough memory available..." as "Reported by Windows". Once I was able to clear it by turning my devices off and back on, but all other times I have to log out to clear it. It works the first time I open Cakewalk, but if I close Cakewalk and reopen it, I get these errors again. The only applications I have open is Chrome with 2 tabs and the Groove Windows player. 
image.png.0b80717e1683e0b6c8603118b219a4fb.png

Task manager shows I have plenty of memory available. Again, I only saw this maybe once a month before the update.
image.png.6a5f98992586a1cf3c5ba3a1980f9c03.png

Since Cakewalk doesn't crash, there is no dump file.

5 minutes ago, scook said:

Please keep the conversation in this thread about issues with the 2021.12 early release.

"How to" posts not related to the early release and feature requests should be posted elsewhere.

Thanks

I know this, but I don't remember this happening in past releases, I always start projects two bars ahead, and when I finish I move back two bars, for example: If I want to cut the introduction part of a project I'm doing, and wanting to shift the entire project a few bars back, or even to the first bar, can't do without having to manually change the selection in "Time Ruler", or select clip by clip on each track, and I've noticed that happen in this version, I don't remember this happening in the past version. So this is not a resource request, but something that was already there and is behaving differently today. Many may not have noticed, perhaps not paid enough attention to this feature before, or do not usually use it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Herbert Miron said:

I know this, but I don't remember this happening in past releases

You could rollback and test for yourself.

CTRL+A has to select everything.

If it did not exports based on CTRL+A would lack the leading silence, if any, in the project.

27 minutes ago, Greg Wynn said:

... CTRL A and want to drag everything to the left (like in the video) I can just easily do it without having to worry about any time selection ?

I found a way to shift the clips using Ctrl + A, once everything is selected, shift it a little forward and only the selected clips will remain, then you will be able to go back.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Herbert Miron said:

This behaviour also occurs in Sonar Platinum as well

57 minutes ago, Herbert Miron said:

I found a way to shift the clips using Ctrl + A, once everything is selected, shift it a little forward and only the selected clips will remain, then you will be able to go back.

I must have confused it with another DAW I use, which when using the command Ctrl + A selects only the clips!
Anyway, I found out through tests, it would be nice to inform if this would be the option to indent all clips, after all, nobody knew how to inform that this would be an option,
I just saw attempts to kill the subject as if it were something normal [like always happens], and I ended up discovering on my own that I did have a possible option.

Anyway, thank you all for your attention, excluding of course the arrogance mixed with sarcasm tones! 😉 

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Herbert Miron said:

I must have confused it with another DAW I use, which when using the command Ctrl + A selects only the clips!
Anyway, I found out through tests, it would be nice to inform if this would be the option to indent all clips, after all, nobody knew how to inform that this would be an option,
I just saw attempts to kill the subject as if it were something normal [like always happens], and I ended up discovering on my own that I did have a possible option.

Anyway, thank you all for your attention, excluding of course the arrogance mixed with sarcasm tones!

Well if it’s any consolation you definately  helped me :)

1 hour ago, Herbert Miron said:

Anyway, thank you all for your attention, excluding of course the arrogance mixed with sarcasm tones! 😉 

Well if it’s any consolation you definitely helped me :)

Nested folders, NICE!

1. With this version, whenever I insert a "Track Template" containing inserts to a dependent "bus," the newly created bus is automatically in "Solo" mode. This was not happening before. Anything I should do on my end to correct this?

2. For me, NESTED folders was something I didn't know that I was missing -- until I wasn't. Love this addition!

1 hour ago, Lonnie Dawkins said:

Nested folders, NICE!

1. With this version, whenever I insert a "Track Template" containing inserts to a dependent "bus," the newly created bus is automatically in "Solo" mode. This was not happening before. Anything I should do on my end to correct this?

2. For me, NESTED folders was something I didn't know that I was missing -- until I wasn't. Love this addition!

@Lonnie Dawkins I don't follow what's you mean by bus is in solo mode. Can you attach a project and the track templates you are using that exhibits the issue?

In this latest update, build 093, the organization of tracks into folders behaves a little strange - when adding tracks to a folder, if I right-click on the last of the selected tracks, this track is the first in the folder, and this happens with any track, on which I right click.

And when I remove a track (several tracks) from a folder, these tracks appear above this folder, which is very inconvenient and strange, this did not happen before, neither when adding tracks to a folder, nor when removing from a folder. Is this by design, or is it a bug?

Edited by IgoRr

13 hours ago, Andres Medina said:

Yes, it works!  So, not a bug... case closed?

It depends on your point of view, if the feature I discovered on my own is not listed as a feature, it is a bug.

If the idea is to push the "DAW" forward with a bug, ok. 🙂👍

Edited by Herbert Miron
  • Like 1

This is not connected to nested folders but to folders generally: 

I would appreciate to be able to create "AUX FOLDER": a track folder which is an Aux track/Patch point at the same time (= submix track for all the tracks contained). In other words - a folder with volume/pan/send controls.

I know I can do this by creating an Aux track inside (or outside) the folder and set outputs of all the tracks in the folder to this Aux track manually.

But an option to create "Aux Folder" would be much more elegant. This folder would look like an Aux track with all the audio controls, on top of that there would be the folder's "+" button to unfold the tracks contained. Moving a track into this Aux folder would automatically set its output to that Aux folder...

3 minutes ago, Mark MoreThan-Shaw said:

This seems to be a bug. When I moved a Track Folder in order to position adjacent to another track folder ( which contained nested folders ) the Folder I was moving popped itself inside of the Folder above instead of next to/below it.

Move-Folder-Bug.gif

The drag indicator indicated it was going to move it into a folder.  This is because you had moved it to the right hand side. If you had moved it to the left half, it would have appeared directly above Track 17.  

Keep an eye on the left edge of the indicator - it shows the level at which the track will be placed.