[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.12 Early Access [Updated to Build 93]

Morten Saether

6 minutes ago, Norave said:

1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

...The image strip for the Archive button changed size.  It went from 5 button states to 8 button states.  According to discussions in the forum (from what I read), if a custom theme uses the older strip, the theme needs to be update.  If a custom theme hasn't over written the default via the theme editor, there is no need to update that image element....

2 hours ago, Евгений said:

Great update, but there is a problem with the display of the buttons - see the image.

I'm not sure, but I believe you're using the "Blue Aston" theme, if that's it, I'm providing an updated version of this theme, where I made some color corrections, and includes customizing the buttons for new features, along with the "File" button.

Blue Aston (2021.12)

Edited by Herbert Miron

I downloaded 2021.12 build 93. I have a small project that happens to have a single folder (no nesting) containing two tracks. It is now completely broken. The two tracks in the folder still play but are not visible. The tracks are disconnected (spatially) from the actual folder. The folder can not be moved, expanded of contracted. You can not remove the tracks out of the folder either by dragging or any other command. Manipulating some other tracks eventually results in a crash.

The file was saved under build 93. I rolled back to build 79. Still broken. I rolled back to build 18. Still broken. The project now seems to be corrupt. I can't go forward, I can't go back. Fortunately this was not a particularly important project. But I think it is now lost.  - D

FolderBugs.png

I'd be happy to. But I've never done it before. How much do you need? Just the .cwp file? What about the audio, effects and synths? Where do I send it?

Edit: Actually, I've tried it. The .cwp file alone exhibits these problems without audio, effects etc. It is only 644K in size. I could email it.   - D

Edited by Sailor55
More info

8 hours ago, Sailor55 said:

I'd be happy to. But I've never done it before. How much do you need? Just the .cwp file? What about the audio, effects and synths? Where do I send it?

Edit: Actually, I've tried it. The .cwp file alone exhibits these problems without audio, effects etc. It is only 644K in size. I could email it.   - D

@Sailor55 You can send me a PM with a file attachment.

16 hours ago, Mark Draper said:

Hi. FYI. I'm using Win 10 and installing to the latest update (2021.12 Early Access [Updated to Build 93]) has caused Cakewalk to hang consistently when just clicking play. The audio continues to run but the programme hangs and after closing Cakewalk and relaunching it simply hangs on the intro screen requiring a PC restart to get back in (for it to do the same). I've found nothing on sfc /scannow hence the post. BTW I'm grateful to others on the forum who have explained how to fresh install the previous version while protecting 'crucial' files/folders from being overwritten/deleted, by making copies of them outside of the programme folders. Keep up the good work. It's appreciated.

You can capture a "hang dump" from task manager and upload and send me a link to analyze. There are instructions in the FAQ for problem reporting.

10 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

This is a focus rectangle.  This was added as part of the accessibility support for the dialog.

Great initiative. However, maybe the focus colour can be added to the user theme palette so that it optionally can be made less prominent by setting it to a slightly darker colour?

I am not sure if this was intentional or not but In ER2021.12 93's track view, the allocated space for the Archive Button is now narrower.  This means that the icon no longer fits into the allocated space.  The right hand part of the upper case A is now truncated.  This happens in the Mercury theme as well.

Is this intentional.  If it is, then we are going to have to edit all custom themes to accommodate.

Just now, Promidi said:

I am not sure if this was intentional or not but In ER2021.12 93's track view, the allocated space for the Archive Button is now narrower.  This means that the icon no longer fits into the allocated space.  The right hand part of the upper case A is now truncated.  This happens in the Mercury theme as well.

Is this intentional.  If it is, then we are going to have to edit all custom themes to accommodate.

Update your custom theme

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Herbert Miron said:

Is this a Bug"? When using the shortcut "Ctrl + A" to select all tracks, I can't drag them to the beginning of the measure.

And when trying to select them by scrolling through the numbers some are not selected.

Herbert: for the first issue, I think that when you select ALL, the selection range begins in 00.00.00.00, so there is no room to move the selection left. For the layout your video shows, you could instead select the first clip, then Shift-Click the bottom clip to include all clips in the selection, then move your clips.

Or, use Select All and modify your time range with the handles on the time ruler. 

I don't think this is a bug.

• Like 1