Thenatan Vybz for $9.99

cclarry

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, dubdisciple said:

I am not buying anything from them again until they adress customer service issues. No response. Even when ADSR forwarded email on my behalf, not even a form letter response.

I got quick support email from them in December. Directly from "Natan" who is the main guy. Email used was thenatanstore@gmail.com

Response was very quick too - replied within 12 hours.

Edited by Carl Ewing

I was reading about it here https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=561272&sid=d1145790c1e2c775debda1965dc6a2b7&start=255

Just skip to page 17/18. Some say it crashed in their setup and others have no problems at all. I bought it for the $9.99 yesterday though I won't be able to use it for a few weeks when I'm back in the studio. I paid through PayPal. If the plug doesn't work for me I'll ask for a refund or tech support from the dev. If I get none of those things I'll just get a refund through PayPal. Won't be the first time I had to do that w/ a dev who left me hanging, so I'm not too worried. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2022 at 12:03 PM, Christian Jones said:

I was reading about it here https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=561272&sid=d1145790c1e2c775debda1965dc6a2b7&start=255

Just skip to page 17/18. Some say it crashed in their setup and others have no problems at all. I bought it for the $9.99 yesterday though I won't be able to use it for a few weeks when I'm back in the studio. I paid through PayPal. If the plug doesn't work for me I'll ask for a refund or tech support from the dev. If I get none of those things I'll just get a refund through PayPal. Won't be the first time I had to do that w/ a dev who left me hanging, so I'm not too worried. 

I might go that route since Natan ignores my emails

2 hours ago, dubdisciple said:

I might go that route since Natan ignores my emails

That's pretty much why PayPal will refund you if it comes to that. You launch a dispute real quick, and the guy probably won't respond to PayPal's emails either as they try to settle it on your behalf. Then PayPal decides in your favor by default and refunds you. I think I've had to do that twice now as a last resort. Most people don't know they can do that. They think it's software and thus non-refundable, but I don't see it that way if I'm getting the silent treatment lol 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

That's pretty much why PayPal will refund you if it comes to that. You launch a dispute real quick, and the guy probably won't respond to PayPal's emails either as they try to settle it on your behalf. Then PayPal decides in your favor by default and refunds you. I think I've had to do that twice now as a last resort. Most people don't know they can do that. They think it's software and thus non-refundable, but I don't see it that way if I'm getting the silent treatment lol 

Thanks. I am pretty patient and try to give small developers some leeway

On 1/11/2022 at 7:03 AM, PavlovsCat said:

Has anyone used it that can compare it to the beloved XLN Audio RC-20 or Wave's Retro Fi.  I am a sucker for lofi sounds. 

It has  quite a different sound to RC-20 (especially reverb / echo). And the bitcrush is quite a bit different than some others. I really didn't like Retro Fi when I demo'd it, so I would say VYBZ is superior. But I have a lot of lofi plugins and a prefer a certain sound.

For lofi multi-effects I would put in order: 

XLN - RC-20 (great all around)

Unfiltered Audio - Lo-Fi AF (love this plugin), Byome / Triad

Freakshow Industries - Mishby, Dumpster Fire, Backmask

AudioThing - Wires, Speakers, etc.

Excite - Lifeline  (just got this - it's amazing)

Abberant Audio - Sketch Cassette

WavesFactory - Cassette

Thenatan - Vybz

Neold - Warble

Amplitube 5 (underrated for lo-fi)

Stock DAW plugins

STDs. 

Waves Retro Fi.

Hehe.

I think Vybz is a no-brainer for 10 bucks. Comes in handy sometimes.

Edit: Oops confused RC-20 with Lo-Fi AF when it comes to reverb. Corrected.

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 1