UJAM Iron 2

cclarry

6 hours ago, abacab said:

The UJAM guitars are "virtual guitarists", not just guitar sample libraries. VG-IRON 2 is specialized to play heavy power chords ("Hard & heavy chords and riffs").  The midi  phrases provide the riffs. They are accessed via key switches. This is not a solo guitar or strumming guitar. The demo is free to try so buyers should not be surprised. the VG v2 has added "Instrument" mode, and midi phrase drag and drop to your DAW track.

The following VG titles, except for VG-CARBON, are still version 1 and lack the midi drag and drop, as well as lack the instrument mode.

VG-Carbon is an 8 string electric with extreme processing. The instrument mode has single note playing ability with articulations. The player mode has interesting riffs and phrases. 

VG-SPARKLE is a Fender style electric for chords, octaves and riffs.

VG-AMBER is a steel string acoustic strummer. 

VG-SILK is a nylon guitar with finger picked arpeggios, patterns, and chord riffs. 

Hope that helps put them in context. 

Sounds like a useful and versatile concept for rhythm guitar sections.

I wonder how does AcousticSamples guitar bundle compare to UJAM VG series for pop rock. I got it recently; has two acoustic, two electric guitars. They're built on individual note samples that can be played solo, but also automated patterns and manual chord playing.

5 hours ago, daveiv said:

https://www.ujam.com/company/

"The story behind our company originates from the hugely successful Steinberg Virtual Guitarist released at the Musikmesse in Frankfurt in 2002. The team behind that landmark release reunited and created UJAM with a vision to develop great sounding and easy to use audio plug-ins."

9 minutes ago, abacab said:

our company originates from the hugely successful Steinberg Virtual Guitarist released at the Musikmesse in Frankfurt in 2002

I still prefer that version in some ways. The FX section was certainly more versatile.

5 hours ago, daveiv said:

I wonder how does AcousticSamples guitar bundle compare to UJAM VG series for pop rock. I got it recently; has two acoustic, two electric guitars. They're built on individual note samples that can be played solo, but also automated patterns and manual chord playing.

I have both. I use UJAM more than AS (ie: occasionally v hardly ever) but both are just blown away by the NI guitar products IMO.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, abacab said:

https://www.ujam.com/company/

"The story behind our company originates from the hugely successful Steinberg Virtual Guitarist released at the Musikmesse in Frankfurt in 2002. The team behind that landmark release reunited and created UJAM with a vision to develop great sounding and easy to use audio plug-ins."

Good ol' Wizoo.

I had a lot of fun with their Darbuka and Latigo plugins until I lost the CDs. I'm still using many AIR Music Tech plugins today.

11 minutes ago, paulo said:

I have both. I use UJAM more than AS (ie: occasionally v hardly ever) but both are just blown away by the NI guitar products IMO.

I could have just bought NI guitars, then. I'm sitting on top of $500 worth of guitar and bass plugins, in addition to a real bass and guitar with FX pedals after I got when I was frustrated with virtual ones, but never learned.

Which NI guitars are your favorite?

5 minutes ago, daveiv said:

I could have just bought NI guitars, then. I'm sitting on top of $500 worth of guitar and bass plugins, in addition to a real bass and guitar with FX pedals after I got when I was frustrated with virtual ones, but never learned.

Which NI guitars are your favorite?

Oh man....now I feel like I just took a  whizz on your chips. That wasn't my intention, just stating my preference as someone who has all of them. The  thing that I really like about the UJAM ones is how the mod wheel handles the muting in real time - all guitar vsts should have that. As for NI, the ones that also allow you to play individual notes rather than just trigger patterns are obviously more versatile than the others (ie electric sunburst deluxe rather than the regular version)  but they all sound good. Could they use more patterns / a more in depth ability to customise the patterns....yep, I think so, but when bought at 50% off (the only time I ever buy NI) then it's hard to be too disappointed.

12 minutes ago, paulo said:

Oh man....now I feel like I just took a  whizz on your chips. That wasn't my intention, just stating my preference as someone who has all of them. The  thing that I really like about the UJAM ones is how the mod wheel handles the muting in real time - all guitar vsts should have that. As for NI, the ones that also allow you to play individual notes rather than just trigger patterns are obviously more versatile than the others (ie electric sunburst deluxe rather than the regular version)  but they all sound good. Could they use more patterns / a more in depth ability to customise the patterns....yep, I think so, but when bought at 50% off (the only time I ever buy NI) then it's hard to be too disappointed.

I'm slowly learning my lesson, though. I ended up buying only two virtual guitars during this Black Friday.

49 a pop for NI guitars seem to be great value. Glad they worked well for you.

10 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

Since we are talking about every other thing except Iron 2...

I ended up not getting Riffendium 6 for now. I still want it, but after searching a bit I found out the whole bundle has been on sale for $99. I'm going to wait for another deal like that.

You should contact them. Some companies were nice enough to provide coupon codes when I missed a recent sale.

16 minutes ago, daveiv said:

You should contact them. Some companies were nice enough to provide coupon codes when I missed a recent sale.

It was one of Audio Plugin Deals' Black Friday flash deals, so I don't think they're going to sell it to me for the same price.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, daveiv said:

I believe I'll end up sampling my own guitars.

I have 2 electrics and 2 basses in one room and an acoustic in another.  Maybe I should spend some time playing them.  That doesn't cost any money.

What I like about UJAM and AAS is they don't take up lots of drive space.