Mixbus Offer - $19

cclarry

It's a good DAW but with serious limitations. I think it is gret for mixin and mastering but only when your stems are ready for mixing and not needing any edit. It does provide an analog mixing workflow and processing that let's you mix with very few plugins getting and incredible analog sound. I don't like the limitations of Mixbus but my mixes sound so good in this DAW with very little effort that I had to change my workflow.

I recommend you to download a trial and do a simple mix. You will probable be amazed of how nice this thing sounds.

• Like 1

I thought about going with this, but I instead chose the 32c deal for 49.99. While I can tell that this will take a bit of time to get used to, I think that it might be worth it.

It isn't as user friendly as Studio One, workflow wise, but I do like the sound of it. I don't know if it's placebo, but it does seem to have a certain kind of sound to it. Thanks for the heads up about both these deals Mr. Lars. 👍

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, burtles101 said:

It isn't as user friendly as Studio One, workflow wise, but I do like the sound of it. I don't know if it's placebo, but it does seem to have a certain kind of sound to it. Thanks for the heads up about both these deals Mr. Lars. 👍

It's not placebo...I can assure you of that...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

This seems like a lot of bang for the buck.  Like, seriously.  I checkout out some of the videos and it seems intuitive.  24 hours isn't enough time for a trial but for $49....

I've only used it for a little while (since that offer!), but there's something I really like about it..

It's not perfect and I think I'd always produce in Cubase, but for mixing, stems,  mastering, or just arranging an album it's easily worth it... and fun!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

This seems like a lot of bang for the buck.  Like, seriously.  I checkout out some of the videos and it seems intuitive.  24 hours isn't enough time for a trial but for $49....

Every other year i talk myself into it and then never use it. The videos are my rationalization this time but I have to wonder how useful the videos will be if i never bother following up? lol

6 minutes ago, dubdisciple said:

Every other year i talk myself into it and then never use it. The videos are my rationalization this time but I have to wonder how useful the videos will be if i never bother following up? lol

Same here.  But I love the analog feel of this.  Sounds like there's a full redesign of MIDI coming in early 2022.  Hmmmmm.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MusicMan said:

It's not perfect and I think I'd always produce in Cubase, but for mixing, stems,  mastering, or just arranging an album it's easily worth it... and fun!

This is exactly how I plan on using it as well, except I'll be producing in Studio One and the MPC2 software. When I pulled a couple of stems into Mixbus from Studio One, and played around with the eq's and compressors, I was sold on making this purchase. Just like Marc Cormier, there's something about the analog feel that draws me in. 😄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, burtles101 said:

This is exactly how I plan on using it as well, except I'll be producing in Studio One and the MPC2 software. When I pulled a couple of stems into Mixbus from Studio One, and played around with the eq's and compressors, I was sold on making this purchase. Just like Marc Cormier, there's something about the analog feel that draws me in. 😄

Totally get it! Lots of hype in marketing in audio stuff, so I was pretty skeptical, but I can see it fitting nicely along them as well.

Sometimes it's worth it alone for the inspiration and creativity buzz 🙂

• Like 3