Warning! Sale Season is upon us!

cclarry

Black Friday was INSANE for the number of sales...but quality of the sales
was not the usual...I suspect we're in for one heck of a Xmas/New Year Sale bash as these
vendors fight for your holiday duckets...

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

Just now, cclarry said:

Black Friday was INSANE for the number of sales...but quality of the sales
was not the usual...I suspect we're in for one heck of a Xmas/Year Sale bash as these

Larry what about you take some well deserved holidayz lol 

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 3
  • Haha 1

I don't really agree with the sales not being that great. For me personally that is. I managed to get through almost my entire wishlist, with only Kickzilla left which wasn't on sale and Sonible Smart EQ3 which is fairly new and I didn't excepted to get a great discount. Sure, they were not totally amazing, but they all matched or surpassed previous sales.

15 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

I don't really agree with the sales not being that great. For me personally that is. I managed to get through almost my entire wishlist, with only Kickzilla left which wasn't on sale and Sonible Smart EQ3 which is fairly new and I didn't excepted to get a great discount. Sure, they were not totally amazing, but they all matched or surpassed previous sales.

This key operative you used is matched...the vast majority of the sales were THE SAME as every other sale...
There were a few exceptions...but Black Friday is supposed to be the time for "THE SALE"...so it was
pretty lack-luster in that regards... 

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

This key operative you used is matched...the vast majority of the sales were THE SAME as every other sale...
There were a few exceptions...but Black Friday is supposed to be the time for "THE SALE"...so it was
pretty lack-luster in that regards... 

In that case, yes, you are right. There was hardly anything that exceeded previous sales. But this time I had the financial means haha 😅

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cclarry said:

...but quality of the sales was not the usual...I suspect we're in for one heck of a Xmas/Year Sale bash as these

That was my feeling as well. The only no-brainer deals that I came across are still online at audiodeluxe - the Tokyo Dawn comp/eq and the Exponential Audio reverbs. 

• Like 3

What's really fun is getting through your emails and then looking back and seeing 150 more have appeared. That was pretty much every hour this black friday. It was absurd and irritating because some companies were sending 3-4 different emails a day as well.

24 minutes ago, mibby said:

About $18 for me. I'm not familiar with Molot, but I used and like the free Kotelnikov, so there was that. Maybe I'd bite if PB had an interesting freebie to go with it. First world problems, for sure. 

I have this annoying habit of not going from the beginning for bundles that I like and want. Then I gradually pick up the individual plugins from those bundles,  during sales, to end up at or near the full bundle ...only having spent 10x the time chasing deals, ordering and activating plugins, without having saved any $. Tokyo Dawn, Soundtoys, Eventide, Arturia, Black Rooster, Izotope, I'm sure there's more. Just plain stupid. 🤕🙄

• Like 1

Once you get everything IK, Melda, Kilohearts, Arturia.  It does come to point that you failed to explore what you have and buy the miracle EQ or compressor new kid on the block.

As for Kontakt libraries disk space becomes an issue and gets more expensive when you think about switching to SSDs.  You have to start deleting stuff.  I'm starting to ignore more Kontakt freebies. 

Edited by kitekrazy
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1