IK Modo Bass

cclarry

I've had Modo for about a year, mainly using it for the Hofner bass. Modo does a very good job at capturing the Hofner's distinctive tone. It comes pretty close to sample libraries in terms of realism, but still isn't at the same level as a better sampled bass library.

However, in the end, I almost always find myself replacing Modo with a sample library (Orange Tree Samples' Evolution, I forget which Bass library, has a James Jameson patch that sounds pretty close to a Hofner bass, so that's the one I end up using).  But it takes up very little resources and it's definitely nice. If IK keeps improving the technology, I could imagine that the next generation or so of Modo could be really close to the realism of high quality, meticulously sampled KONTAKT library, but they're not quite there yet. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
Autocorrect turned some of my Hofners into Horners. Just correcting it.
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Modo does a very good job at capturing the Hofner's distinctive tone. It comes pretty close to sample libraries in terms of realism, but still isn't at the same level as a better sampled bass library.

The advantage with using MODO is not so much for the finished product, but being able to quickly dial in the bass sound that works best in your track, without owning every bass sample library there is. You can combine bass characteristics in just about every way possible in MODO.

Then if you need a new bass sample library you can target your purchase to your needs!

• Like 2