Harp and Flute

Tim Smith

Hi Tim....the harp section is superb....beautiful, precise, confident....the flute section tends to meander, wander, unsure of where it's going although it does have its well and good moments as well....great recording, EQ, tones 🎵🎻🎹🎼

• Like 1

This would work great for a web feed, or a crab feed, or a hot dog eating contest. What harp did you use, it sounds great!

The flute does seem to have some velocity layer indiscretions - suddenly louder, suddenly softer. The tone suits the piece, however.

Overall a nice bit of mellow. I was walking the streets of Knossos.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 3:38 PM, Larry T. said:

Hi Tim....the harp section is superb....beautiful, precise, confident....the flute section tends to meander, wander, unsure of where it's going although it does have its well and good moments as well....great recording, EQ, tones 🎵🎻🎹🎼

Hi Larry, Thanks for your honesty here. It would not take much for me to totally scrap the flute and this just about pushed me over the edge.

An explanation on the length. I seldom make anything this long. I made this to fill a 10 minute gap in a pre service live stream where they show online slides before the main event, hence the length. Having the music makes sure the audio part of the feed is working before we put the main feed online. The whole thing took every bit of maybe an hour to make at most which included the mastering and mixing. I could have saved some time had I left out the flute :) I think @PhonoBrainer was onto me already.

Thanks to the rest who took the time to listen and comment! @antler @David Sprouse@jack c. and @Larry T.

I find these comments very valuable in my mixing!

On 12/2/2021 at 7:23 PM, PhonoBrainer said:

This would work great for a web feed, or a crab feed, or a hot dog eating contest. What harp did you use, it sounds great!

The flute does seem to have some velocity layer indiscretions - suddenly louder, suddenly softer. The tone suits the piece, however.

Overall a nice bit of mellow. I was walking the streets of Knossos.

It was mostly the harp in Aramadeus Orchestra.