The Annual "Show us Your Booty" from BF Thread!

cclarry

• Izotope MPS 4.1 upgrade from Tonal Balance
  • Melodyne Studio upgrade from Editor
  • Native instruments Picked Nylon
  • Smooth Operator
  • Fluid Pitch
  • Ujam VB Mellow
  • Mix Checker Pro
  • Couple of dirt cheap  SoundSpot plugins and misc freebies
  • ... and IK 25 group buy.

Edited by Lemar Sain
  • Like 4

I thought this would be the first BF in seven years that I didn’t buy anything music related. However, late last Sunday I found a boxed version of Steinberg HALion Sonic 2 for just over $30 at a local reseller. My guess is that they had found a single dusty item on the floor in a corner somewhere. I know that it’s antediluvian and that HALion Sonic 3 was released more than four years ago, but should I ever want to upgrade, this license ought to be my ticket to a great price.

Oh, and I bought a new TV. OLED. Black is back.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

No one--including me tbh--cares about what plugins I bought, but I got a great deal on a thick NY strip steak which I brought home and made the perfect medium rare steak. I seasoned it perfectly, too, since I finally put down the pre-made steak seasonings and just went w/ course kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. I got the perfect sear and it was the best steak I've made. I also finally found the perfect percale queen flat sheet after trying several very expensive flat sheets that were not up to my standard but should have been at over $100 for a sheet. Percale is hard to come by as everything is sateen these days, but Amazon's own house brand hooked up a great queen percale sheet for $23. And I got a food saver, a nice one but you shoulda seen that steak. 

Thread count! Give us the thread count!!!!!  Asking for a friend.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Canopus said:

should I ever want to upgrade, this license ought to be my ticket to a great price.

I think Steinberg grants you an automatic upgrade to the version that is current at the time of registration (that's what I got when I registered a cheap, old copy of Dorico 1.0 that I found and they gave me a free upgrade to 3.5)

• Like 2

On 12/1/2021 at 4:20 PM, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

I think Steinberg grants you an automatic upgrade to the version that is current at the time of registration (that's what I got when I registered a cheap, old copy of Dorico 1.0 that I found and they gave me a free upgrade to 3.5)

The thought has crossed my mind. Problem is I forgot my eLicenser in my vacation home when I went back home in mid-October, so I won’t be able to see if there’s a grace period for HALion Sonic until I go back there in March and can activate the license. Indeed, that was a senior moment.

Edit: When I finally went back and could register my copy of HALion Sonic 2 at Steinberg I got upgraded to HALion Sonic 3 automatically. Not a bad deal for $30. :)

Edited by Canopus
  • Sad 1

By my standards, a low-purchase BF:

1) Audio Imperia - Jaeger Hangar 4 (Vocals By Merethe Soltvedt)

2) Red Room Audio - Pallete Orchestral FX brush pack

I was eyeing a lot of other stuff. In particular I was this close to grabbing Albion: Solstice for it's "intro" price, but while it has a some stuff I think I'd find useful, I've also heard it has a lot of filler that I'd never use, and there has been some criticism of the scripting (especially the legatos).

• Like 1

I went way overboard this year with:

• Spitfire BBCSO Pro upgrade (still downloading on day 3)
  • Spitfire Harpsichord and Orchestral Grand Piano
  • ... and now I can get Spitfire Aperture 3
  • Scaler 2 + reMIDI + instruction videos w/free Orb and AAS soundbank
  • Several GOG games
  • SmartScore PDF -> MusicXML converter (never on sale, but got the Finale User $200 discount)
  • Best Service accordion bundle w/free Oud Strings
  • 8DIO Misfit Bundle <- been disappointed with 8DIO but couldn't resist this strange mix.
  • Embertone Intimate Solo String bundle, Mountain Dulcimer, and Whistler Ensemble
  • Indiginus Resonator, Lap Steel, Mountain Dulcimer, Delta Blues Acoustic Slide Guitar (never on sale)
  • AAS soundbanks <- completed my collection. I know there is probably a free one coming but it only cost me $4. 
  • Xperimenta Harpsichord, Kantele, Xvibe, and Psaltery
  • Renewed subscription to Taxi.com
  • Pianotekk C-series piano
  • Orchestration Recipes 1 & 2
  • IK Total Studio 3.5 Max

• Like 7

Just now, fret_man said:

• Several GOG games
  • SmartScore PDF -> MusicXML converter (never on sale, but got the Finale User $200 discount)
  • 8DIO Misfit Bundle <- been disappointed with 8DIO but couldn't resist this strange mix.
  • Embertone Intimate Solo String bundle, Mountain Dulcimer, and Whistler Ensemble
  • Indiginus Resonator, Lap Steel, Mountain Dulcimer, Delta Blues Acoustic Slide Guitar (never on sale)
  • AAS soundbanks <- completed my collection. I know there is probably a free one coming but it only cost me $4. 

Now THAT is a good Black Friday!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Does finally getting my hands on an Xbox Series X that was supposed to be procured LAST November count?  Got one that I had promised the grandkids last Christmas too finally.

Lucky you! I am still waiting to get my hands on a PS5! Nowhere to be found here in Canada...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fret_man said:

• Several GOG games

What? No percale sheets??? 🤣

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, fret_man said:

• Several GOG games

🎵 And a Partridge in a V-S-T... 

• Haha 2